• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

02 Z71 Jesse Bubb Tune

KIKIJOHART

>:D Finally purchased a new core and a custome tune from jesse. Combined with my other mods, i might be able to burn out on dry pavement  >:D. I am installing it saturday, and jesse is like the nicist person to deal with, I think everyone should be getting the Bubb tune, it especially helps if you have exhaust full intake and new headers and injectors like me.
:B:
:B: :B:
:B: :B: :B:
:B: :B: :B: :B:

(n) big azz problem, I freaking cant get the cover off the freakin PCM its attached by a bracket right next to the battery and that shiz aint going no where.

:help:

KIKIJOHART said:
(n) big azz problem, I freaking cant get the cover off the freakin PCM its attached by a bracket right next to the battery and that shiz aint going no where.

:help:

Look below it. It has a screw under it too in the very bottom of it.

I hope the new tune works out for ya. I bought Jesse's last year and it stranded me 12 times in a month and Jesse never responded my emails.

Right now Jesses tune is resting somewhere in my corn field.  I use HPT now.

BlueDevil said:
I hope the new tune works out for ya. I bought Jesse's last year and it stranded me 12 times in a month and Jesse never responded my emails.

Right now Jesses tune is resting somewhere in my corn field.  I use HPT now.

Thats a shame. Up until now I had only heard positive things about Jesse.

Trucker Rick said:

read this...
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,57203.440.html

Trucker Rick said:

I almost agree with BD... I have heard mixed results with the Jesse Bubb tune over the last two years... Most issues center around the used PCM he ships, but there have also been a lot of programming issues....

Alright, sorry it took so long but I got the PCM Tuesday and we installed it yesterday, it took five minutes to install and all i can say is DAMN >:D

. Much better launch, quicker response, and huge acceleration gain from 40-70. I was surprised that it ran very well on 87 octane but i will only be using 89. BEcause at 6000 rpms i heard slight valve tap or what I describe as little tapping noises, very soft soundin.

From zero to sixty there was much improvement, It rode up a lot longer in the rpms allowing for second gear (which i personally think is weak) to be in higher rpms after the shift.

where we test, there is a bend in the road, and I usually get to sixty right after the bend, maybe fifty yards, now we get to sixty 75-100 yards BEFORE the bend. I am very happy and would do it again and would recommend it to anyone.

Oh yeah, there is also a change in mileage I use to get 14.5 mpg city, and 17 highway, but now its more like 17-18 city, and 19 highway....Crazy.  :B:  :B:  :B:  :B:

Have a nice day,
    Killian

KIKIJOHART said:
.... I was surprised that it ran very well on 87 octane but i will only be using 89. BEcause at 6000 rpms i heard slight valve tap or what I describe as little tapping noises, very soft soundin.

That is called valve float....you are spinning the motor higher and the stock valve springs are too weak to keep the valves seated at that high of an rpm..... set of comp springs or dual springs will solve that...either that or slight KR (pinging) under load.... find someone with a tuning/logging package. They can tell you which in about 15 seconds....

Glad you like the tune... most custom tunes can gain you 25 hp at the wheels and about 3-4 mpg.....

change to 89 octane fuel and now there is no float and better acceleration, definatly worth higher cost of fuel. :B: >:D anyway I think every one should get this tune and instead of am hptune, in the words of jesse bubb hp tunes suck in the hands of a newbie.

KIKIJOHART said:
change to 89 octane fuel and now there is no float and better acceleration, definatly worth higher cost of fuel. :B: >:D anyway I think every one should get this tune and instead of am hptune, in the words of jesse bubb hp tunes suck in the hands of a newbie.

If the 89 octane made the "noise" go away then it was not valve float... it was KR due to the tune.... and I agree, the Jesse tune is the "cheap" way to get benefits from a custom tune... but in the hands of a newbie with any skills at all, a Jesse tune will never come close to a HP Tuners tune..... >:D

Back