• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Chevy Dealers Add Go-Fast Accessories

ASAGOT

In the current addition of Truck Trends Magazine there is an article about Factory authorized installation and sales of "go Fast" parts that will carry factory warranty from superchargers to suspension mods. They are to be made available at "selected dealers." Might be nice to get that supercharger with a factory warranty!

Two of my main accounts are large Chevy strores in Denver. When I called both parts and service managers today and asked them about Go-Fast, they all told me they had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. The first store is the largest in CO so I would think they would have at least had an opportunity to be a 'selected dealer' but who knows. Just my $.02. :sleep:

Talked to another dealer today. He said "Oh yeah, we sell go fast accessories, you mean accessories to make your car go faster right?" No kidding. He actually wanted to see the article in the Truckin' mag and I told him to go buy it!! He did say that that he was told that the supplier for all next year's SS models with superchargers will be Magnuson. Interesting.

El Dorado in Mckinney Tx said they will install about anything for you and retain factory warranty. They informed the club of this at one of the monthy get togethers held at their location. I believe they mentioned superchargers, cat-backs, whatever.

MTB-)

Emailed the company www.info@dyno-proven.com
and got an email that took just a few minutes to open up ;D
They did tell me if I emailed them my phone number or called them they would put me in contact with the closest dealership whether it be Cadillac or Chevy that did this work for them
They have a couple of different set ups one being a system called the Powrpak
It includes the following
-Custom High flow intake system for cooler air charge
-Cat-back free-flowing stainless exhaust system, developed by B and B performance and validated on the dyno, gives a sporty tone without the resonance.
-The unique Proprietary programmed PCM optimizes the air/fuel ratio, ignition advance and transmission shift points, with less restrictive intake and exhaust components this system delivers up to a 15% increase in HP and 10% improvement in Fuel economy.
It states a 42Hp gain at the fly wheel, OK,,,,,,,,Where is gandolphxx or 11H when you need them,,,,,,haha
How much is that at the rear tires.....maybe 20HP???
They also sent information on the Coolcharger supercharger which shows a gain of 100HP.
Will try to get connected with a dealership and find out prices of the supercharger install and what warranty covers...........
5.3 with the Coolcharger(supercharger) installed resulted in a Z71's factory 285 hp to jump to a 405 hp at the flywheel, at the rear wheel it had a dyno reading of 198rear wheel horsepower from the factory and jumped to 300 rear wheel horsepower after the install.
Torque went from the factory torque of 246 to 348 after the install.

You can email the above mentioned site and they should send you the same info........
On the one listed item they showed an Escalade with all the components and a top speed of 150mph.....Dumb question, but will the cladding stay on at a 150mph??? >:D >:D

Back