• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Any Ideas On Increasing Gas Mileage?

L

layinabead

Got a new 2500 Vortec v-8 and live in California, I would like to hit double figures in mileage (seriously), any ideas, cool air intakes, or exhaust... or buy an oil field???
and a 7-11 with slurpees and beef sticks.

I have a 2500 with 4.10 gears. I get 10 - 12 mpg if I'm easy on the gas, which isn't often.

Can't help you with an answer, I got this combination for towing, and it does this very well ;D

Do you mean double figures for miles per gallon...
...or...
double figures for dollars per gallon? ;)

Keep it parked...

I have not seen more than 11 or 12 but then my AV only has 2000 miles and it is 4 months old. BTW, it got 6-7 mpg once or twice too.

When i had mine, i was only getting 6 mpg city/10 mpg highway(if i was lucky)
Like others have said in the past. You shouldnt have bought a 2500 if your worried about gas :p
Check out the archives, there is a LONG thread i started about increasing gas miliage in my 2500.
Frank

ultravorx said:
You shouldnt have bought a 2500 if your worried about gas
Frank

Now you know why they don't post the gas mileage for the 2500!

All kidding aside, you can't beat that 8.1 engine for power. ?Keep in mind that you saved at least $5-$6k for a comparable diesel so put that into your gas budget and just enjoy the ride.

Here is a VERY recent thread where this is discussed ... Look at the 6th post in the thread (mine) and you will find several links that go into the topic quite deeply ... Hope this helps ...

Mileage Thread Link

11H

Back