• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Bilstein now offers a HD aftermarket REAR shock

steven1955

(Moderator, feel free to move this post to better category.)

I'm pretty sure, after searching, that no one has posted this yet.  The Bilstein web site now lists a part number for aftermarket Heavy Duty rear shocks for the 02 to 06 1500 Avalanches.  Until recently Bilstein only offered aftermarket Heavy Duty front shocks.  It's so new that they ask that you call for pricing.

Here are the Bilstein part numbers:
Front:  F4-BE5-6500-H0
Rear:  F4-BE5-C893-H0-B 

When the shocks go in my 2003 Z71 I was going to get the Edelbrock IAS shocks because the Bilsteins weren't available.  Now I have a choice.

I am getting ready to replace the shocks on my 03 AV. I will be interested in how the Billstein's ride.

steven1955 said:
Here are the Bilstein part numbers:
Front:  F4-BE5-6500-H0
Rear:  F4-BE5-C893-H0-B 

Thansk...can you share how the ride is now? I have to replace mine and I need a firm ride. I'll be towing a 26 foot trailer

You might not get a reply from original poster since this thread is 9 1/2 years old and according to original poster's profile he was last active 07/30/15..........

jstain said:
Thansk...can you share how the ride is now? I have to replace mine and I need a firm ride. I'll be towing a 26 foot trailer
If you have a Z66 which it looks like in your profile pic I would say that you need to stick with the stock style shocks..
The only reason is the suspension in the rear is way different than the other models, the stock shocks are much longer..

Hugz said:
If you have a Z66 which it looks like in your profile pic I would say that you need to stick with the stock style shocks..
The only reason is the suspension in the rear is way different than the other models, the stock shocks are much longer..

I just ordered the bilsteins. Nothing crazy, they look stock. I think they may be whats on there now.
According to Amazon they should fit.

it is a Z66.

LOL...I didn't see the thread was 9 years old....pretty cool though..

They will fit but it won't perform the same way when hauling or towing.
I lost about 1.5" in height after having them put in by mistake. The blistens are about 2" shorter. You will notice that when you take them out provided they are the stock shocks.
Biggest thing for me is that after loading the bed and a bumper basket with a few things on it was 3" lower that what it was with the stock shocks.

I ended up sending them back. I can't go any lower. I may just go with air suspension bags. Only need them when towing our trailer.

Back