• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Help With Hypertech

G

GaryK

As you can see I am new to this forum and my Avalanche, and as you can also see you Guys have cost me lots of $ already. Now for the question. What shift points should I program into my Hypertech?
Thanks in advance. :0:

Badavv said:
Just got my Hypertech tuner today. Just finished programming and all I can say is wow!!!!! ;D. I used 11H's shift points from an earlier thread, 1-2+2/2-3+9/3-4+9, and although mine is an '03 they seem to work perfectly. God I love this site even if it is breaking me.

Found this quote with a search for the keywords shift point.

I have been using +2, +9, +9 with 3.73's and 87 octane for about the last year with good results. I have the redline set at 5900rpm.

I am running currently
1-2=3
2-3=11
3-4=11
6000 rpm limiter
I think i am going to back down my 1-2 shift to the same thing Steele has. Everyonce in a while i will get a little slip right before she shifts in to second, especially if it is a little wet and it will bump the rev limiter causing her to cough for a milisecond and jump into second. I think the +2 on the 1-2 shift is probably a wise call.....
Now i do like the upper gears to shift up high, but that is just my opinioin. Right now with the +11 on the 2-3 shift has her shifting right about 93mph, when it hits 3rd she just keeps on climbing..
.02 centsssssssssssssss worth
Zeeya

Mine I have set to +3 +6+9 Rev limiter 6000 rpm's. I have 4:10 rear. Much better performance but I wish I could push it a little more but Rev limiter kicks in any higher than those settings. Just my 2 cents

Mine I have set to +3+6+9 Rev limiter 6000 rpm's. I have 4:10 rear. Much better performance but I wish I could push it a little more but Rev limiter kicks in any higher than those settings. Just my 2 cents

Back