• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Replacing wood grain with OEM brushed aluminum?

LazyAssGeek

I'm in the market for an LT3 Av but much prefer the look of the brushed aluminum trim from the LS (and I think Z71?).  I did find a thread where somebody talked about changing it but no mention was made of part numbers, etc.  Does anyone know what "kit" or series of part numbers would need to be ordered to make that change out?  I'm trying to gather some pre-purchase info so I can give the selling dealer a change to discount the parts before I go the expected DIY/online route.

Thanks!  :wave:

once I got the dealer down on price as far as i could, i said i would buy it if they would get me the brushed trim for a LS.  let them figure out what the part numbers are and order for you.  i told them to order and mail them to me.  I installed myself everything snaps in.  when you get the new ones you can see exactly where the clips are.  i would have part#s but threw package away :E:

jmarlar said:
once I got the dealer down on price as far as i could, i said i would buy it if they would get me the brushed trim for a LS.? let them figure out what the part numbers are and order for you.? i told them to order and mail them to me.? I installed myself everything snaps in.? when you get the new ones you can see exactly where the clips are.? i would have part#s but threw package away :E:

Thanks.  I was planning on this, but there's a parts dealer I've got experience with so I was just trying to get some hard numbers for negotiating.  I have asked him to check (he's pretty good at that) and I'll post the #'s if I dig them up.

I think if someone could manage to get a listing of all the part numbers for each silver piece, that would be great--then everyone who wants them could just order the pieces from whoever they desire, and install themselves after the fact.

Beach said:
I think if someone could manage to get a listing of all the part numbers for each silver piece, that would be great--then everyone who wants them could just order the pieces from whoever they desire, and install themselves after the fact.

I've got a guy who I buy GM part #'s from working on exactly that.  Was just hoping to make the process a little easier by asking here first. 

How interchangeable are the dash kits?  I'd be willing to swap my wood dash for someone else's aluminium one.

Besides the dash, there are the door control panels also.

jparr said:
How interchangeable are the dash kits?? I'd be willing to swap my wood dash for someone else's aluminium one.

Besides the dash, there are the door control panels also.

From the reading I've done around here, the dash & door panels are typical automive clip fasterners.  I've pulled enough off doing car stereo stuff that it ain't scary to me any more. You just have to find that balance between enough force to pull the clip loose and not breaking the piece.

I'd be willing to do a swap with a forum member too.. hmm.. maybe a post in the sale section.

Exactly.  I believe it's just a careful unsnapping of the old and then clicking in the new pieces.

Still trying to get a complete list of the part numbers for each piece so it can be made a sticky here and everyone can find it, and then order the parts where they like--emailed one part's guy I use too, so hopefully someone can just make the list.

Well, my usually good dealer parts department guy couldn't get the right data, so anyone else yet gotten a listing of all the silver trim part #'s?

Beach said:
Well, my usually good dealer parts department guy couldn't get the right data, so anyone else yet gotten a listing of all the silver trim part #'s?

My guy is still working on it.  I gave him the VINs from an LTZ and an LS so hopefully he'll be able to track it down.  Thanks for trying, I'll let you know what I find out.  Picked up my '07 today!

Yeah, usually the guy I get everything from can find ANYTHING, but for whatever reason, he was having issues with the vin's I gave him.

Firehunter said:
Any word on the part numbers yet?? Looking to replace mine too.

Since I got my truck (2/17) I've been going back & forth about what I want to do, so I haven't pursued it.  So no word... I'm still leaning towards doing this so not all hope is lost.

twmac said:
anyone have a pic of what the brushed aluminum interior looks like?

This is from the Chevy site, I think it's a pic of the Z71 interior.

int_gallery13.jpg

I'm looking for the aluminum pieces too.  Would  trade my LTZ pieces if anyone is interested.

Would love to see the part numbers!

Has anyone found any info on the part numbers, price, etc. of the brushed aluminum trim yet? ... Because you can add one more person to the list who's interested in finding this for their av. I think the brushed alum. looks very cool. Never have been a big fan of the wood trim.

That's a new addition to that site... haven't seen that before... hopefully they are replacements for the wood grain  :B:

I have the Brushed silver interior on my new Z71 and love the look..  Only down side is the finger prints..
I tend to rest my pinky on the left side of the navigation when pushing buttons(to stabalize my hand), this leave marks along the side of the radio...

Not real bad.. just a little pet peev of mine..

Attachments

• The AVY 001.jpg
    The AVY 001.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 912
Well, unfortunately I couldn't get the cost of the aluminum panels included in the cost of my '07.   But, I did order them and swapped them out within a week.   The job is simple.   Once you get the replacements, you know right where to "pry".   A plastic automotive trim tool makes the job very simple.   And now what you've all been waiting for, GENERAL MOTORS PART NUMBERS!!!

Door - 15217598 - $46. 31
Door - 15217595 - $46. 31
Door - 15217581 - $52. 91
Door - 15217578 - $47. 08
Dash - 15923338 - $110. 40
Dash - 15211885 - $83. 72
Dash - 15870240 - $63. 67
TOTAL - $450. 40

Not sure what all is what.   But, this will get you what you need.   The one thing I didn't replace was the inserts on the steering wheel (those are like $80 EA - rediculous)

Back