• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

front end noise at low speeds over small bumps

photoperson30039

Sounds like front end is falling apart at low speeds 5-10mph when i hit small bumps or ripples in pavement, also have that popping noise when turning , Its a 2005 with 60,000 miles.  Steering is fine 
1st time here. This may have already been posted, just have not found it Thanks

Body mounts?

Intermediate steering shaft?

Little more info about what you have and history of any repairs

I have the exact same complaint minus the popping sound when turning. I recently (within last 2 months) had the intermediate steering shaft rework done. I had the issue before the service and after the service, no change. I have used the exact words before 'sounds like the front end is falling part'
The only other thing I have to add is that when riding in the passenger seat it sounds like the noise is coming from the rear of the truck. 

How would I check to see if a body mount is bad?

photoperson30039 said:
Sounds like front end is falling apart at low speeds 5-10mph when i hit small bumps or ripples in pavement, also have that popping noise when turning , Its a 2005 with 60,000 miles.? Steering is fine?
1st time here. This may have already been posted, just have not found it Thanks
I had the same problem on my 03 ? at 60 000 mi.,? ? ?they had to replace the upper controll arm & ball joint assembly, on the passenger side , the truck was pulling to the left

I also had a problem they called the" washer snap noise",? they installed two washers in the front suspension cross member
the popping noise is gone &? the handling is better than it was when I bought the truck new in 03. ?

I recently had the same problem...it was the intemeadiate steering shaft.( it needed to be lubed) and also the body bushings.( there are paper thin shims that they put in the front body mounts...so people need either of these 2 things fixed, I happened to need both of them fixed.

I have the same popping noise when I turn the truck left or right..  Took it to the dealer twice and the first time they drove it around and it didn't make the noise for them. I took it back frew months later and they heard the noise and they fixed it.  Now the noise came back then it went away all of a sudden, weird stuff.

NBETANOF said:
I have the same popping noise when I turn the truck left or right..? Took it to the dealer twice and the first time they drove it around and it didn't make the noise for them. I took it back frew months later and they heard the noise and they fixed it.? Now the noise came back then it went away all of a sudden, weird stuff.

what did they say was wrong ?

what did they fix ?

Back