• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

wideband

Motion427

Got myself an Innovate LM-1 wideband.
Decided to try it out.
I just removed one of the o2's before the cat and installed the wideband.Seems to work o.k.
Weird that the check engine light never came on because the stock one was unlug.I played with the power enrichment. I ended up with the following going through first gear 12.8-13.0
second average 12.5-12.8 and third it seems than it was going between 12.5-12.0. at WOT

Still new at the wideband thing.Is this normal?
before it was 10.9 everywhere. pulls harder now also.

Pulling harder because you have leaned it out.... hard to say what is "normal" because to determine that you look at kPA and RPM, not what gear you are in...

If the SES did not come on, then that O2 has to be turned off if you did not wire in the Wideband for dual duty as a narrow/wideband... Did you just pull the narrowband and lay it off to the side still connected? or did you wire in the wideband to the PCM.... ???

BTW, I shoot at 11.8 to 12.0 AFR with the blower...... your 10.9 AFR before this is typical of a conservative tune....

Bounce me a log and I will take a peek...

I removed the stock o2 and laid it on the bench.
I was checking the wideband with the Innovate and not with HP.

I did not try the idle trim pin yet,but I will do it this week.If I can do that,well then I'll hook up the wideband with HP.I think I'll drill another bulk for the wideband.And yes when I have I log,I will send to ya,to see if you see something good or bad.

Motion427 said:
I removed the stock o2 and laid it on the bench.
I was checking the wideband with the Innovate and not with HP.

I did not try the idle trim pin yet,but I will do it this week.If I can do that,well then I'll hook up the wideband with HP.I think I'll drill another bulk for the wideband.And yes when I have I log,I will send to ya,to see if you see something good or bad.

I run my wideband in it's own bung, I just have the rear 2 O2's turned off...you will also see some error between the Innovate software and HP Tuners for whatever reason.... I just ensure I recalibrate my wideband before any heavy tuning...

Good Luck...

Back