• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Just got a New '05 Avy

$incere

So far I love it. I am a modding freak, so I have my list ready of things I'd like to change. Judging from the topics I've seen here, most of you guys have done the things that I'd like to do.

Currently I'm looking to see if it is possible to add Angel Eye Halo headlights on an Avalanche w/cladding?

if so can i get some suggestions on where to pick some up?

Also I'm looking for some recommendations on HID kits.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks for the love. It sucks that the angel eye conversions are not available because the look is really cool.

I definitely be take notes as I browse the site and get ideas for my next mod project

Good luck with everything..  You have a great group of member out there in Cali...

HUgz

$incere said:
So far I love it. I am a modding freak, so I have my list ready of things I'd like to change. Judging from the topics I've seen here, most of you guys have done the things that I'd like to do.

Currently I'm looking to see if it is possible to add Angel Eye Halo headlights on an Avalanche w/cladding?

if so can i get some suggestions on where to pick some up?

Also I'm looking for some recommendations on HID kits.

Thanks in advance for the help.

:welcome: to the club, and congrats on your purchase of a "mod money pit"  :laugh:  :kidding: ...well, kinda kidding.  What other mods do you have planned for your Av?  I just this past weekend added HID's to my Av... Money well spent!

Brad

Maxx6 Av said:
:welcome: to the club, and congrats on your purchase of a "mod money pit"? :laugh:? :kidding: ...well, kinda kidding.? What other mods do you have planned for your Av?? I just this past weekend added HID's to my Av... Money well spent!

Brad

Well just to name a few:

1. HID
2. Custom Wheels (thinking about 23 or 24 inches)
3. Darkest Window tint allowed by law...LOL
4. Replace Head unit, and install a backup camera (already backed into 3 cars trying to parallel park...LOL)

$incere said:
Well just to name a few:

1. HID
4. Replace Head unit, and install a backup camera (already backed into 3 cars trying to parallel park...LOL)

Beter to back into them, than OVER them..

$incere said:
Well just to name a few:

1. HID
ouch!!! better move that up to number 1

$incere said:
Well just to name a few:

1. HID
Hugz said:
Beter to back into them, than OVER them..

NO NO NO NO NO!!!? If you back OVER them, nothing happens to your rear bumper!? Backing INTO them you have serious damage to the rear bumper.? OVER is the way to go!? But either way get the back up cam just to be on the safe side!

:laugh:

Brad

Anybody have a recommendation on a good head unit?

I'm looking for a double-din size to fit the spot where the existing unit is. I have the Bose w/6 disc in dash changer....if that helps.

I'm looking for something that's the least hassle to get installed, provides integration of an iPod and lets me keep my XM radio (God Bless Satellite radio!!  :notworthy:)

Also any recommendations on good HID kits, I heard that kits with Phillips Balasts are usually pretty good.

$incere said:

I'm looking for a double-din size to fit the spot where the existing unit is. I have the Bose w/6 disc in dash changer....if that helps.

I'm looking for something that's the least hassle to get installed, provides integration of an iPod and lets me keep my XM radio (God Bless Satellite radio!!? :notworthy:)

Also any recommendations on good HID kits, I heard that kits with Phillips Balasts are usually pretty good.

Check here for the head unit:
http://www.oviedosafetylights.com/Shopping.idc?ProductID=97&ProductCategory=19

Here for HID
http://www.oviedosafetylights.com/Shopping.idc?ProductCategory=12

Heck just go to www.OSLights.com  He's a member and site partner here.  His screen name is OviedoAV

Tango Chaser said:
Check here for the head unit:
http://www.oviedosafetylights.com/Shopping.idc?ProductID=97&ProductCategory=19

Here for HID
http://www.oviedosafetylights.com/Shopping.idc?ProductCategory=12

Heck just go to www.OSLights.com? ?He's a member and site partner here.? His screen name is OviedoAV

Thanks for the quick reply, do you know if anyone here has successfully added LED taillights to their Avy. I'm in the process of using the search deature on the site, but if you know off the top of your head the info would be great.

Thanks again to everyone.

$incere said:

I'm looking for something that's the least hassle to get installed, provides integration of an iPod and lets me keep my XM radio (God Bless Satellite radio!!? :notworthy:)

Keep in mind that your factory '05 headunit is NOT a double DIN.  The install of a double DIN headunit has been done by many here on the site, but modifications are needed to make it look like a clean install.

You've already got good links for information on what you're looking to do to your Av, be sure to keep us posted on your progress if you go with the double DIN install... even though we've seen some done before, we always like to see others complete it too!

G'luck!

Brad

Thanks for the quick reply, do you know if anyone here has successfully added LED taillights to their Avy. I'm in the process of using the search deature on the site, but if you know off the top of your head the info would be great.

http://www.jamstrait.com/3157s.htm

I have these installed in my rear AV lights and they work great straight out of the package. No further mods are required just plug them in. Dave... 03whitediamond

:welcome: to the club.

Nice list of mods wants, but did I miss Ambers?

I'm going to get the new Pioneer Avic Z2 (Z2 just replaced the Z1) HU.? It's the baddest boy out there with 7" color touchscreen, smart routing that learns as you drive navigation installable on an internal 30 GB harddrive which will hold music also, speech reconition, back-up cam, bluetooth capable, satellite capable, iPod capable, oh and it will play DVD's, CD's, MP3's and more? >:D

Maxx6 Av said:
Keep in mind that your factory '05 headunit is NOT a double DIN.? The install of a double DIN headunit has been done by many here on the site, but modifications are needed to make it look like a clean install.

You've already got good links for information on what you're looking to do to your Av, be sure to keep us posted on your progress if you go with the double DIN install... even though we've seen some done before, we always like to see others complete it too!

G'luck!

Brad

Sure looks like a double din.  What is it?

Back