• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

07 AV NITROUS?

Hard to say.. lots of people break their tranny or G80 with blowers..... but I know of at least one guy running a verified 650 ponies on the crank (500+ rwhp) that has been running a stock tranny and rear end on a Z-71...tranny upgrade includes vette servo and HD2 shift kit....

Blower was installed in September of 2005...... :wave:

I say if you are wanting the 150 shot then do it.... you can break your tranny backing out of the driveway most mornings now.... >:D

FlaBouy said:
Hard to say.. lots of people break their tranny or G80 with blowers..... but I know of at least one guy running a verified 650 ponies on the crank (500+ rwhp) that has been running a stock tranny and rear end on a Z-71...tranny upgrade includes vette servo and HD2 shift kit....

Blower was installed in September of 2005...... :wave:

I say if you are wanting the 150 shot then do it.... you can break your tranny backing out of the driveway most mornings now.... >:D

Whats is a g80

SiriusBlack said:
Whats is a g80

RPO codes (what your Av was equipped with when built) are listed on a sticker inside the glove box

G80 is the RPO code that refers to the Locker rear end in the Av...Avs have Lockers, which should NOT be confused with Limited Slip...which is different

Motion427 said:
Change it to smething like an Eaton,Duragrip or truetrac before it blows.....

Oh, I love the smell of fear in the morning....... :laugh:

FlaBouy said:
Oh, I love the smell of fear in the morning....... :laugh:

It's better than the smell of gear oil dripping onto the pavement at 9:00pm while waiting for the wrecker.  :(

That almost sounded like a true story, didn't it?  :rolleyes:

Motion427 said:
Change it to smething like an Eaton,Duragrip or truetrac before it blows.....

If you're going to do it, do it right with a 14 bolt or Dana 60.

I would become friends with your dealers service dept and hide the nitrous kit when going for service......lol >:D. If you are going to do any kind of tuning, be very careful with timing. It isn't as critical because you aren't boosted but if you advance the timing with a tune you could run into detonation with the nitrous. ?The torque increase with the nitrous comes on fast and hits hard. You stand a good chance of breaking stuff(diff, transmission, engine problems) or get lucky.

But it sure is fun feeling that nitrous kick in :love:

trannyman said:
I would become friends with your dealers service dept and hide the nitrous kit when going for service......lol >:D. If you are going to do any kind of tuning, be very careful with timing. It isn't as critical because you aren't boosted but if you advance the timing with a tune you could run into detonation with the nitrous. ?The torque increase with the nitrous comes on fast and hits hard. You stand a good chance of breaking stuff(diff, transmission, engine problems) or get lucky.

But it sure is fun feeling that nitrous kick in :love:

Again the sound of a true story!!! ;-)

Liked the line about you walking to your truck with the F150 Guy thought he wanted to race!

Nice Job... Wish I stuck around another ten min to see it!

My $ would have been on you also!

Wayne  >:D

Back