Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
04/23/14 08:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dealer Installed Sunroof?  (Read 3676 times)
diehard3fan
« on: 07/22/02 03:12 PM »

Hello All!  I'm hunting for a new AV and I'm looking for a Z71, leather, w/sunroof, but the dealers don't have any that aren't stickered @ 39k.  I want to spend about 33k, knowing this, several dealers haved said they could "add" a sunroof.  Is this common, or should I stay far away from a sunroof not installed @ the factory?  I've also seen where everyone here is getting incredible deals on AV's and any info on a dealer in Atlanta, GA would be greatly appreciated! :B:LIKE A ROCK!
Stinky Whizzleteats
Charter Member

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 07/22/02 06:31 PM »

Here's my .02, sit down one night and find the msrp(including destination charge) of the vehicle you want and msrp of vehicles you would accept. Then go to GmBuyPower and search every dealer within a certain radius of your home to find what inventory is out there.

http://www.gmbuypower.com/app/gmbp/us/en/gmbp/gmbp/stage.thtml

How gmbuypower works: when you go on their site you will pick the year, make and model vehicle from drop down list then type in your  zip code ( if you type in an invalid zip then it goes to a screen where you can type in the city and state). The next screen will show a list of the five closest dealers to the zip, click on the dealers name and it will show the inventory ( 4 trucks per screen), it will tell you the make ( chevy av 1500 4x4) exterior color, interior color, if it has leather or cloth and the MSRP. Knowing the MSRP will make it easier to eliminate unwanted vehicles. Click on the truck and it takes you to a screen that will allow you to click on the window sticker to see the actual window sticker of that vehicle with options.

Now after all my rambling IMHO I think you should be able to easily negotiate a 39k truck down to 33k with the current rebates.
« Last Edit: 07/22/02 06:36 PM by Crocostimpy » Logged

Indigo Blue, Z71, cloth buckets, sunroof, amber drls, silver face escalade cluster, 2003 dash bezel, ravin Z55 muffler, edelbrock shorty headers, electric fan kit, outlaw cold air intake kit, stainless steel bug deflector, DJ Motorsports stainless steel punch hole grill, all 4 high mod + yellow fogs on with HID headlights, Ticketless bowtie, Nitto All terrain 305/50/20, SLP 1.85 rocker arms, Hotchkins Sway bars & lower trailing arms, 90lb chesapeake bay retriever.
Shawn A
Charter Member

Red Z-71 - Loaded

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 07/22/02 11:57 PM »

Diehard3fan

Checkout http://www.edmunds.com to find out the MSRP versus the dealer invoice price of the truck with the options you want.  Print out the prices, take it to the dealer that has what you want from the factory, and start your negotiating at the invoice price.  You should be able to get what you want for less than 33K.

Good Luck

Mods: hood def, mud flaps, billet grill, R&D light equip, vent/visors, CatchAll mats, UPD, TBS, 899 fogs, Amber DRLs, silver stars, and strng whl audio cntrls.
dukhntr

CMDUKS, MRDUKS, CMWANGS

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 07/23/02 01:01 AM »

I tend to agree, I think that you can find one if you look hard.  

But,  It would not bother me to put in a aftermarket sunroof, if it was done by a good shop.   I know a really good shop here that I have watched put in several sunroofs,  as a matter of fact, they usually have a car or truck in the shop haveing it done every time I stop by!  And the finished product is factory look.  The down side is it may cost more that getting it from the factory... that I cant answer.

2002 Pewter Avalanche... Flowmaster 70 series, UPD w/ K&N Air filter, Custom Butt heaters, Custom Wheels, BFG 285-70-17 Mudd Terrains, Av Bumper Guard, Tinted Windows, 885 fogs, Silverstars, 6 Inch Fabtech lift!
Dukhntr's Avalanche
teking
Charter Member

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: 07/23/02 01:08 AM »

I did exactly that.  I wanted a Black Z71 w/ sunroof and leather.  Dealer could not find one w/ sunroof so he had one put in.  Rolled cost of sunroof into price of the truck.  Only cost me $975.00 at dealer cost.  Has more features than the OEM sunroof.  Looks OEM.  Additionally the sunroof although not OEM is GM Certified.  When I had a leak problem I took it to the dealer ... he called the sunroof local installer to check everything out.  Turned out not to be the sunroof but the cool thing was that I delt with CHEVY not the sunroof dealer.

http://www.tomnlisa.com
2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT  
Sable Black / Pewter Leather & Wood
6.0L 345HP AWD
10-Way seats, HID lamps, Auto Leveling, Ultrasonic Parking Assist, Stabilitrak, Rear Audio, Chrome Rims, On-board Driver Information Center, Sunroof, Tow Package
Options?  We don't need no stinking options!
diehard3fan
« Reply #5 on: 07/23/02 01:47 AM »

Excellent!!! Any chance you have any pictures you could e-mail/show me?  What other features does your sunroof have that are not standard?  THX Again!
« Last Edit: 07/23/02 01:57 AM by diehard3fan » Logged
s-m
« Reply #6 on: 07/23/02 01:50 AM »

diehard3fan,

Check your inbox; I sent you a message.  I am selling my red Z-71; it has every option except the engine block heater, and also has a sunroof wind deflector, a bugshield, and ventvisors.

It has 8000 miles and is perfect.  Purchased 1/02; build date of 12/01.
diehard3fan
« Reply #7 on: 07/23/02 02:05 AM »

Thank you for the offer Red, but I'm true to black and the 0%.  Good luck in selling yours!
EarthQuake

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 07/23/02 02:34 AM »

diehard3fan,
If you're willing to drive to get it, there are 2 black loaded z-71's here in Nashville.
I got mine at Tom Bannen Chevrolet just north of Nashville.  I checked today and they still have 2 loaded black ones (exactly like mine).  The sticker price is $38.4k and $38.6k (difference due to build date).  They were pretty easy to work with and I know that they'd work with you on the price.  If you decide to come up this way IM me and let me know, I'll tell you who to deal with.
I wish I could tell you a more about negotiating with them, but I used a GMS discount so there was no negotiating.  But you could get one for $33k (after rebate) I'm sure.
Oh, it looks like Cobb Parkway Chevy in Atlanta has one too.
« Last Edit: 07/23/02 02:52 AM by EarthQuake » Logged
ygmn
Administrator

Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 07/23/02 06:21 AM »

I would not get an aftermarket sunroof....I have yet to see one that looks as good as the stock one.

Have you tried GMPOWERBUY thingy?

I bet your avy is out there waiting for you to find it.

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!
spike
« Reply #10 on: 01/19/03 06:40 PM »

Ordered a 2003 with a bench seat. Cant get the sun roof if you want the bench  veryveryangry If any one has any information on this let me know. I have been thinking about swapping the seats or just the center console. Dont really want to mess with the safety issues. The thought of cutting a  hole for an aftermarket sun roof in a new truck is not appealing veryveryangry I welcome any and all comments Thanks-
Tri-C

a Suburban with a trunk...for $6000 less

Awards
« Reply #11 on: 01/20/03 06:45 AM »

You sure it is not available?  When I first started my search for an Av, I was looking for a factory bench/sunroof combo.  Found a couple but they were rare.  Of course, things might have changed for '03.

2002 Summit White Z-71, graphite cloth buckets, sunroof, assist steps, luggage rack, 4.10, and convenience package
spike
« Reply #12 on: 01/20/03 07:24 PM »

It seems chevy will not accept order for front bench seat and sun roof for 2003. Any information or comments on how to put this toegether. THANKS-
byron
CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member

He Who Must Not Be Named

Awards
« Reply #13 on: 02/03/03 04:27 PM »

I have a unnatural fear of anything dealer installed that is not a simple bolt on procedure.

No way would I let them cut a hole in my roof.

PHATYELAV

I love the Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #14 on: 02/03/03 04:33 PM »

My .02

I am not positive but I believe that the roof on the units with a sunroof are different than the one's without.. What I mean is the entire AV is double wall Galvanized stel except the roof.. Unless you purchase the sunroof from the factory then the roof is also double galvanized. I may be incorrect but i do believe that is what i had read somewhere back a few months ago..

sorry if i am a little off in regards to exact specifications.
ShapeShifter
CAFCNA 2013 Premium Member

What a great trip it's been...

WWW Awards
« Reply #15 on: 02/04/03 10:05 AM »

What I mean is the entire AV is double wall Galvanized stel except the roof.. Unless you purchase the sunroof from the factory then the roof is also double galvanized.

To the best of my knowledge, you are correct. At least for 2002. I had read this in the 2002 brochure, and elsewhere.

I think it also applies to 2003.

-- SS

sonfour
« Reply #16 on: 02/04/03 10:20 AM »

I have a cousin who once allowed a dealer to install a sunroof on his Bonneville.  Whenever it rained, he ended up with a trunk full of water.

Just my .02
Beach
Charter Member

'09 Avalanche 2LT Z71 2wd

Awards
« Reply #17 on: 02/08/03 11:33 AM »

Anyone have pics inside/outside of an Av with an aftermarket sunroof?

Me personally, I'm unsure about having a sunroof installed.  On one hand, I've read many great reviews from people who did just that.  But, there are sometimes a few stories about people who didn't have as great of results.  I still would want a sunroof either way, I think.  We went from a base Plymouth Grand Voyager with crank windows, to a 2000 Chrysler 300M with every option including high end audio, heated leather, and a power sunroof.  We used the sunroof virtually everyday and loved every minute of it.  When we went looking for the Av, I tried my hardest to find one with a sunroof but we ended up without it.  Still miss it, even though the Av as is, is pretty great.

Pics anyone?

Way back when... '02 Chevrolet Avalanche 2wd Z66
Before... '09 Pontiac G8 GT
Now... '09 Avalanche 2LT Z71 2wd, Summit White/Cashmere, Rear Camera, Luxury Package, Sunroof, Roof Rack, WeatherTech Floor Liners, 3M Clear Bra, Michelin LTX M/S2 Tires

MPGTune.com MPG History
CA-AV

The Chevy Avalanche is sweet!

WWW Awards
« Reply #18 on: 02/09/03 06:24 AM »

Beach,

Take a look at my link below.  When I purchased my 02 Z71 AV in February 2002 I was disappointed that my AV did not have a sunroof.  I expressed my concern to my dealer and they sent my AV out to a local shop.  Let me tell you, I haven't had any problems with my aftermarket sunroof (American Sunroof).  In fact, the sunroof controls are more versatile than the GM model.

CA-AV

2002 Z71 Chevy Avalanche
http://community.webshots.com/user/avshots

Alpine HU, Alpine comp spkrs, LED HU mount, rear camera, Escalade cluster, billet A/C cntrls, visor decals, custom sunroof, tint, Garmin nav, LED Int lights, OEM brush guard/chrome nerf bars, Rancho 9000XL shocks, Escalade rims, BFG AT, airhorn, amber, chrome tow hooks, Volant-Powercore, Flowmaster 40 w/chrome tip, billet bowtie, tranny cooler, 4-fender, Gatorback, SportWing, blink 3rd brake light, Piaa wipers.
flynhigh
CAFCNA 2006 Supporting Member

So yea... huh.....

Awards
« Reply #19 on: 02/09/03 06:37 AM »

CA-AV,

What did you pay for your sunroof install???

I am very interested in getting one installed also.

Of all the things I've Lost,  I miss my mind the most.
JW

Awards
« Reply #20 on: 02/09/03 07:11 AM »

FlyNhigh, They usually run about 1500.00 installed.

Sooner or later this is what I'm going to do

ASC Sunroofs

We have a local dealer here.

jw

For All Your Custom Tuning Needs
Nelson Performance
For Gear Swaps in Western PA!
Pro Trucks
CA-AV

The Chevy Avalanche is sweet!

WWW Awards
« Reply #21 on: 02/09/03 01:19 PM »

Yup about 1500.00 installed.

CA-AV

2002 Z71 Chevy Avalanche
http://community.webshots.com/user/avshots

Alpine HU, Alpine comp spkrs, LED HU mount, rear camera, Escalade cluster, billet A/C cntrls, visor decals, custom sunroof, tint, Garmin nav, LED Int lights, OEM brush guard/chrome nerf bars, Rancho 9000XL shocks, Escalade rims, BFG AT, airhorn, amber, chrome tow hooks, Volant-Powercore, Flowmaster 40 w/chrome tip, billet bowtie, tranny cooler, 4-fender, Gatorback, SportWing, blink 3rd brake light, Piaa wipers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: