Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
10/23/14 12:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2007 (900) TSB KEY FOB ISSUE  (Read 6072 times)
special

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« on: 03/19/07 11:44 PM »

On early models of the 2007 Avalanche, there is a programing problem on the Remote keyless Entry (RKE) system. This can cause a battery drain and result in a dead battery. This happened to me less than a month after I got my first Avalanche, but the dealer said he found nothing wrong. In february TSB # 1906368 addressed this problem.

2007 (900) Avalanche LT3 with REGENCY custom package. My truck is Black with color matching bowties, Chip Foose 20" wheels, custom grill, and chrome widow and running board trim. I call it SPECIAL
WILDFIRE
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 03/19/07 11:46 PM »

welcome to the club and thanks for the info  Welcome!

sittin by the phone, waitin for the lord to send my calling
Question~ What are you doing in my house? Answer~ Bleeding out
ygmn
Administrator

Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 03/20/07 05:42 AM »

Members have reported this for some time now...

Thanks for TSB number....

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!
Blu

Bought in USA!

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: 04/23/07 01:35 AM »

How can we check what year and if this is a problem with our AV?

05 LT 1500 WBH 4x4 Black, Wind tint, chrome tube side steps, Locking Gas Cap, Airaid Intake box-filter after MAF, Poweraid throttle body spacer, Royal Purple Syn Oil, Pro Comp Extreme 6005 9.5 width, Nitto Terra Grapplers 305/50/20, Magnaflow replace w/blk chrome tip, Hyper Wht Fog lights, Sylvania Cool Blue Night Lights, Amber Day Lites,Painted Frt Lower Valance, Replace Drivers w/Keyless Entry. Currently Hibernating
nomo

Almost an Av

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: 04/23/07 11:38 AM »

How can we check what year and if this is a problem with our AV?
It would be for 2007 models. 

If this "recall" applies to your vehicle, it will show up at www.mygmlink.com when you register and provide your VIN.

2007 Suburban LTZ 4x4 w/6.0L & power steps
Blu

Bought in USA!

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: 05/25/07 09:54 AM »

It would be for 2007 models. 

If this "recall" applies to your vehicle, it will show up at www.mygmlink.com when you register and provide your VIN.
Thanks, load off my mind.  Cheers!

05 LT 1500 WBH 4x4 Black, Wind tint, chrome tube side steps, Locking Gas Cap, Airaid Intake box-filter after MAF, Poweraid throttle body spacer, Royal Purple Syn Oil, Pro Comp Extreme 6005 9.5 width, Nitto Terra Grapplers 305/50/20, Magnaflow replace w/blk chrome tip, Hyper Wht Fog lights, Sylvania Cool Blue Night Lights, Amber Day Lites,Painted Frt Lower Valance, Replace Drivers w/Keyless Entry. Currently Hibernating
Sirshopolot
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

Power To The Avy!

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 01/10/08 07:08 PM »

My buddy has an '07 and killed his original battery, dealership replaced it and now it has gone dead.  I will let him know about the TSB.  Thumbs up!

Sirshopolot
Captn Morgan

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 03/11/08 10:03 AM »

I've been having trouble with my key fobs, but I don't think it's this same issue.

With mine, they don't work until after I put my key in the door to unlock it, or as soon as I shut the vehicle off.
In other words, after the vehicle sits for a while, the fobs don't work.

This happened once before, but then resolved itself. 
I've tried reprogramming the key fobs, but that didn't help.
GTO

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 03/11/08 12:27 PM »

I will check this out, since yesterday afternoon my wife call me to tell me the truck wouldn't start.

2007 Summit White, Billet Grille & Bumper Inserts, 24" U2 55's, Limo Tint, Colormatched Side Mirrors, 7" Headrest Monitors w/ half din DVD Player, 2"/3" Springtech Lowering Kit(Spindles/Coils), Magnaflow Muffler W/ Custom Tip, Rear Z06 Flags, Regency White Gauges
Frank07

'07 LTZ

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 03/12/08 11:07 AM »

With mine, they don't work until after I put my key in the door to unlock it, or as soon as I shut the vehicle off.
In other words, after the vehicle sits for a while, the fobs don't work.

I had the exact isuue with mine.  I took it to the dealer & they "flashed" the remote and took care of the TSB and now works as it should.  Thumbs up!

2007 LTZ MTV, VMA Edition (decals removed).  Black/Black  Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/70/17,  AR Dale Earnhardt Jr. Cannon wheels, Ready-Lift 69-3015  2.25 front 1.5 rear.  Flowmaster 50 SUV (super), resonator removed.

http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=39803
Rocky07

Best, Most AVersatile AVehicle on the Planet

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 03/12/08 12:41 PM »

I had the exact isuue with mine.  I took it to the dealer & they "flashed" the remote and took care of the TSB and now works as it should.  Thumbs up!

"Flashing your Fob".....is that legal?    Big laughter with tears

'07 LTZ Avalanche-"Rocky II"
'02 Z71 Avalanche-"Rocky I"
'64 1/2 Mustang Rag-top
'66 Mustang Coupe
'68 Mustang Coupe (under restoration)
'80 John Deere 2040
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: