• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2007 (900) TSB KEY FOB ISSUE

special

On early models of the 2007 Avalanche, there is a programing problem on the Remote keyless Entry (RKE) system. This can cause a battery drain and result in a dead battery. This happened to me less than a month after I got my first Avalanche, but the dealer said he found nothing wrong. In february TSB # 1906368 addressed this problem.

Members have reported this for some time now...

Thanks for TSB number....

How can we check what year and if this is a problem with our AV?

Attachments

• AV-Sleeping-while-Im-Away small.jpg
    AV-Sleeping-while-Im-Away small.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 587
Blu said:
How can we check what year and if this is a problem with our AV?
It would be for 2007 models. 

If this "recall" applies to your vehicle, it will show up at www.mygmlink.com when you register and provide your VIN.

nomo said:
It would be for 2007 models.?

If this "recall" applies to your vehicle, it will show up at www.mygmlink.com when you register and provide your VIN.
Thanks, load off my mind.  :cheers:

My buddy has an '07 and killed his original battery, dealership replaced it and now it has gone dead.  I will let him know about the TSB.  (y)

I've been having trouble with my key fobs, but I don't think it's this same issue.

With mine, they don't work until after I put my key in the door to unlock it, or as soon as I shut the vehicle off.
In other words, after the vehicle sits for a while, the fobs don't work.

This happened once before, but then resolved itself. 
I've tried reprogramming the key fobs, but that didn't help.

Captn Morgan said:
With mine, they don't work until after I put my key in the door to unlock it, or as soon as I shut the vehicle off.
In other words, after the vehicle sits for a while, the fobs don't work.

I had the exact isuue with mine.  I took it to the dealer & they "flashed" the remote and took care of the TSB and now works as it should.  (y)

Frank07 said:
I had the exact isuue with mine.  I took it to the dealer & they "flashed" the remote and took care of the TSB and now works as it should.  (y)

"Flashing your Fob".....is that legal?    :laugh:

Back