Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
11/28/14 09:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 07 Factory Remote Start Fails to start  (Read 5919 times)
jscott1000

2007 LT3

Awards
« on: 03/21/07 01:51 PM »

I've got an 07 with factory remote start and randomly the vehicle will not start with remote start.  It will crank for about a 1/2 second and shut off.  It will then start with the key and remote start will work subsequently. 

The dealer looked at it for 2 days and of course it started every time, but I have a video I made of it not starting so they know there is a problem, but don't know what is wrong. 

Has anybody else had a problem with remote start?  My dealership says they have never heard of this happening, and Chevy is unfamiliar too.  I'm about to pull my hair out because I never know if the stupid thing is going to work. 

Thanks.

- Jonathan
goose2

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 03/21/07 02:32 PM »

My wifes suburban has done it before. The last time it did it the battery was dead as he!! the next morning. They had a reflash that was suppose to cure the dead battery issue. Who knows, maybe that helped the no start issues also.
twmac

AVY

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 03/24/07 07:46 PM »

my 07 LTZ's remote start doesn't work at all.  i tried the double lock button trick in the other thread and it didnt work

aggravating.  this on top of the rain sensing wipers not working pisses me off.

07 avalanche LTZ
aladrian

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 04/02/07 12:33 PM »

My LTZ remote start goes on the fritz too...sometimes it just doesn't work.  The range on the remote is pretty pathetic too. 
Freebie
CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member

Freebeer?

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: 04/02/07 12:36 PM »

Check this link out, there is a upgrade to the computer the dealer can do... I didn't have any problems with mine before I had it done but it doesn't hurt to get it done anyways:
Key fob issues

Sold: 02 Z71, FM40s, FTDRLs, All6onHi, All4onBrake, Sail Panel Leds,
Maglite mod, bumper cupholders, billet grille, blue interior glow, ambers! 
Freebie
CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member

Freebeer?

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: 04/02/07 12:43 PM »

or try this one Here

Sold: 02 Z71, FM40s, FTDRLs, All6onHi, All4onBrake, Sail Panel Leds,
Maglite mod, bumper cupholders, billet grille, blue interior glow, ambers! 
jscott1000

2007 LT3

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 04/05/07 10:55 AM »

The dealer downloaded the new firmware for the body control module but it didn't address my problem.  In other words sometimes it fails to start. 

From what I saw on an Edmunds forum someone said the engine is setting a code which causes it to shut down during the remote start sequence.  But after you start it with the key the code must be cleared because they found nothing.  And of course I it didn't happen while the dealer had it for two days, so I have nothing except a vehicle that won't work as it's supposed to.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: