• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2004 Radio Wiring Chart

DS

SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
The following wiring info is for the 04 model year only!

Wire? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?        Color ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Radio 12V? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Orange? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Radio Ground? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Black / White? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Radio Ignition? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Class 2 Serial Data? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Radio Illumination? ? ? ? ? N/A
Power Antenna? ? ? ? ? ? ? Dark Green? ? ? ?
Factory amp turn-on? ? ? Pink? (Amp under center console if equipped)
LF Speaker +/-? ? ? ? ? ? ? Tan-Gray
RF Speaker +/-? ? ? ? ? ? ? Light Green-Green
LR Speaker +/-? ? ? ? ? ? ? Brown-Yellow
RR Speaker +/-? ? ? ? ? ? ? Blue-Light Blue

:(

I know it some where here. but I have hooked  right i think. speaker wires. w/gmos04. no sound coming from front speakers. everything else ok. i know its something small i just need help sperry

VASKEET said:
Any recommendation for what to use for the radio dimmer wire?
as from above it is not included which leads me to beleive it is done through the SERIAL BUS DATA

(03~06) Use the wire on B4 of head unit connector 1 for (incandescent) lamp dimming. (Brown with a white stripe.)

index.php

Other info:
(Do not confuse system type for speaker wiring! NO Av has the Luxury system (P/O Y91) as OEM!)

The image above references the Bose PREMIUM system.

Some diagrams: LINK

HTH!

I spoke with Crutchfield about this and was told I needed to tap into the brown wire with the white stripe that goes through the firewall.? Rather than figure out where in the bundle that wire was I figured it was easier to pop out the headlight controls and tap in at the source.? I removed the dash and removed the headlight control assembly as shown.? The headlight control assembly is held in with clips like everything else.? There are not any screws to remove.? Just gently pull it out while wiggling it a little bit and it pops right out.? I tapped into the brown wire with the white stripe as shown and ran that to the illumination/dimmer input on my AVIC.? It works perfectly now.

As a side note, the wiring harness you get from Crutchfield has a wire that is labeled and color coded correctly but attaches to nothing when you plug it into the factory plug.

Attachments

• DSC02189.jpg
    DSC02189.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 751
  • DSC02190.jpg
    DSC02190.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 747
They wouldn't need the incandescent dash light dimming circuit to pass through the firewall.

Perhaps they have that confused a bit from the many which come from the relay block (by the driver's left toes). That "block" unclips and folds out. The wires at the rear crowd the firewall area. Perhaps that was what they were thinking.

The relay block doesn't need anything removed just to access it. Just some under-dash stooping and release a clip.

Good luck! :)

Note that most ANY brown/white wire from connectors at the rear of that block, are for the incandescent instrument light dimming. They are separate because of the multiple destinations.

Any info on the rear radio console wiring, or is it the same as the radio wiring?  Trying to figure out where to get power for my headrest dvd players.

Thanks in advance...

helloooooo...anybody out there. Just found out the orange wire going to the rear seat control is hot all the time, not operated with the main radio.  I need to know where i can get the readio 12V signal to tie in my dvd head rest...

Video System Schematics

Video System Schematics

Power, Ground, Serial Data, Audio Input and Output - ULT

Attachments

• video.gif
    video.gif
    93.3 KB · Views: 725
  • power, ground, audio in and out.gif
    power, ground, audio in and out.gif
    76.1 KB · Views: 729
Audio and Video Output to Splitter and Rear Display - ULT

Audio and Video Output to Front Display - ULT

Attachments

• audio, video output and splitter.gif
    audio, video output and splitter.gif
    74.5 KB · Views: 677
  • audio, video output to front.gif
    audio, video output to front.gif
    89.1 KB · Views: 671
ItsStopher thanks for all of the wonderful schematics.  Unfortunately I've got the headrest dvd players and each ties into a splitter box which only has connections for a hot and ground connection.  So unfortunatley I need a fused connnection that only turns on when the radio comes on.  The splitter doesn't have a remote wire connection and everything that I can find in the rear (rear center console & and my amps) are hot all the time, with a remote wire connected to control the off and on.

Any ideas anyone?

blackbeauty said:
ItsStopher thanks for all of the wonderful schematics.  Unfortunately I've got the headrest dvd players and each ties into a splitter box which only has connections for a hot and ground connection.  So unfortunatley I need a fused connnection that only turns on when the radio comes on.  The splitter doesn't have a remote wire connection and everything that I can find in the rear (rear center console & and my amps) are hot all the time, with a remote wire connected to control the off and on.

Any ideas anyone?

You can use a relay to power up your splitter box.

relay pin #                to
85                          ground
86                          amp turn on wire
30                          12v fused
87                          splitter box

Attachments

• relay.jpg
    relay.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 573
I recently purchased a used 2004 Avalanche.  It has the Bose Premium stereo in it???????  It looks like the factory head unit but the speakers in the front doors are infinity.  I am not sure if this is correct.  The problem I am having is the sub works great and the tweeters on the a post column work but none of the door speakers are working.  I removed the drivers door panel and it looks to be hooked up properly.  I also removed the head unit and all the wires look hooked up properly.  I know the previous owner had done some things to it.  It has some kind of a adjustable line output converter hooked up to what i think is the amp (it is under the console right below the rear output/controls).  If anybody has any suggestions to what my problem may be as to why my speakers do not work please let me know.

Sincerely,

J. Boze

I can't figure out the schematics and I've read and searched here and abroad for the power tap that allows you to wire up a aftermarket satellite radio so it stays on with the radio when you shut off the vehicle but only until you open the door.  I guess it's called retained power accessory?

I found several posts where they say they found it but can't figure  out where they are talking about finding it and found a few that say they don't exist.

I have a 04 Avalanche with no sunroof, onstar, cd player deck.  Where is that wire and what parts of the dash do I need to remove to find it.  Pictures would be the best because I'm new to car audio and had cataract surgery (when I was 23 if you can believe it) and have trouble with wire color.  What I thought was pink was really an orange.  so it helps to see the whole bundle or block as comparison.

I heard on another forum that there is a pink wire in the steering column of Silverados that will work.  I didn't seem to be able to find it.  The pink wire I did find had no juice.

Back