Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
07/30/14 04:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heat shield noise  (Read 1178 times)
mhawk4295

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« on: 04/11/07 09:34 AM »

I have a 2003 z66 and it makes a god awful noise sometimes when taking off from a stopped position, sounds like the heat shield on the muffler is rattling. I searched the forums and could'nt find anything on this problem but am sure I seen it on here before. It might have something to do with a sensor ring? Any help would be nice........Hawk
merkava

Finaly got my Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 09/22/07 06:32 PM »

I just had my 2004 2wd at the dealer for the same thing. The weld holding the heat sheild to the muffler began to crack (from shrinking and expansion) causing an occasional noise. There is a TSB covering it. They say to replace the muffler or remove the heatsheild and reattach it w/ metal bands. The dealer bent the edge back where it was cracked. That stopped the noise. Hopefully it wont crack further.

I have been drooling over the Avalanche ever since it was introduced. In my opinon it is the most inovative vehicle design in ages. i just bought a brand new metallic sport red 2004 1500 2wd Avalanche. I am loving every minute of owning it. I get tons of positive comments  from people all the time.
moosc
CAFCNA 2013 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 09/22/07 06:42 PM »

there is post on this problem Gm has a tsb out to replace the heat shield it sounded like popcorn... then month after gm fixed it i switched exhaust.... the fix is a new heat shield with bands
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: