• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

'07 Tune and V4-V8 AFM operation

MWR

I had my '07 6.0 tuned on Tuesday and I'm very impressed with the performance gain.  However, the truck no longer goes into V4 mode at all, at least according to the driver info center.  Quite frankly it drives a little better this way (before it used to jerk and stumble going in and out of V4 mode, a common problem with the 6.0s I gather).  However, I'm concerned that this will kill my fuel mileage, but I haven't driven long enough to tell.  Mileage to and from the tune was about the same.

I asked my tuner about the lack of V4 operation and he told me that "they did not have any tables for the V4 mode in the PCM yet so I was unable to tweak it at all."  I'm not sure that answered my question, but that's what he said.

I'd welcome an opinion from anyone who has tuned the '07s on the situation and why I have no V4 mode.

I don't know what software PCMs for less is using, but I called a local tuner here in South Carolina (LS1PowerTuning.com). He uses EFILive, and is waiting for the update to do mine.  I'd guess that your tuner used the old version that's not yet set up for the new 6.0 with AFM.  EFILive is supposed to be releasing the new version in the next couple of weeks. 
Rob

Thanks for the reply knappy1 - I had to wait for him to get the software, and I was the first '07 truck he programmed in person.  He'd done several on the bench.  I know he uses both HP Tuners and LS1 edit, and I am pretty sure he used the latter on my truck.

Back