Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
04/23/14 12:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Know if they make a Digital Gauge Cluster  (Read 993 times)
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2013 Premium Member

Awards
« on: 04/24/07 03:23 PM »

I'm tired of stepper motors, does anyone know if anyone makes digital gauge clusters for the AV
« Last Edit: 04/24/07 03:44 PM by MichiganSilver03 » Logged
WILDFIRE
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 04/24/07 03:42 PM »

haven't seen any MS3, it'd be cool if they did though

sittin by the phone, waitin for the lord to send my calling
Question~ What are you doing in my house? Answer~ Bleeding out
RENORCR
CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member

(aka "RENO") Too many mods, too little time!!!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 04/24/07 08:54 PM »

If they ever make one. I'll be all over it!

I like my digital gauge in my 87' vette & 86' cimarron.

2003 1500 Z66 Black (SVO/PI) - BLT: 11/02  Arrived: 4/03
Light Mods: Amber FT/DRL's, Blue/Red LED, Hood Light, Kickpanel lights, Maglight mod
Ext Mods: FTS8002, Z71 Skid Plate, Frt/Rr Combo WAAG guards, Manik Taillght Guard, Custom Frt/Rr 2500 Wheel Moulding, Husky MudGuards
Engine Mods: 145 Amp Alt, Aux Trans Cooler, Flexalite Oil Cooler, Painless Dual Battery
WILDFIRE

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 04/24/07 09:03 PM »

If they ever make one. I'll be all over it!

I like my digital gauge in my 87' vette & 86' cimarron.
me too, I loved the one in my old truck

gn85

I love the AUTOBAHN!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 04/25/07 04:16 AM »

Digital gauges would be a hot-button of like and disklike.  Although towards the end, I started having probs with mine, I loved the gauges on my old GMC Jimmy.  Although the gauge packages that GMs been using are very clear and clean IMO.  Just like everything else though.. make them reliable.

Chris
2003 Chevy Avalanche Z71... finally!!
1987 Buick Grand National
Support Education
WILDFIRE

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 04/25/07 04:20 AM »

Digital gauges would be a hot-button of like and disklike.  Although towards the end, I started having probs with mine, I loved the gauges on my old GMC Jimmy.  Although the gauge packages that GMs been using are very clear and clean IMO.  Just like everything else though.. make them reliable.
I had two Sonoma's with them in it and never had a problem with either, but from what I read I guess I was somewhat lucky 

gn85

I love the AUTOBAHN!

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 04/25/07 05:35 AM »

I had two Sonoma's with them in it and never had a problem with either, but from what I read I guess I was somewhat lucky 

Mine started getting flaky right before I sold it.  The odometer would occasionally not appear and eventually started reading "err".  From what I understand, on ebay, there's a person who redoes them and gets them working right.

I remember that thing being super bright.  Had to make sure you had it dimmed or it'd blind you when you started the truck at night.

Chris
2003 Chevy Avalanche Z71... finally!!
1987 Buick Grand National
Support Education
RENORCR
CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member

(aka "RENO") Too many mods, too little time!!!

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 04/25/07 09:21 AM »

The odometer would occasionally not appear and eventually started reading "err". 

That I can relate to, somewhere around 2.8 million miles it read "FULL". Never bother getting it reset. I just record the the trip meter after each fill up in my record book.

2003 1500 Z66 Black (SVO/PI) - BLT: 11/02  Arrived: 4/03
Light Mods: Amber FT/DRL's, Blue/Red LED, Hood Light, Kickpanel lights, Maglight mod
Ext Mods: FTS8002, Z71 Skid Plate, Frt/Rr Combo WAAG guards, Manik Taillght Guard, Custom Frt/Rr 2500 Wheel Moulding, Husky MudGuards
Engine Mods: 145 Amp Alt, Aux Trans Cooler, Flexalite Oil Cooler, Painless Dual Battery
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: