• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Just rescued a f*rd from the depths...pics inside

maw05

So i get a phone call a couple hours ago and its a friend of mine. He sounds frantic. I calm him down, and i get him to finally explain that he buried his F150 on 35's over the tires in mud. Theyve had 2 trucks trying to pull him out to no avail.....

Well i arrive on the scene and find 2 lifted silverados parked and the drivers all standing around with their thumbs up their a$$e$. They hook to the black silverado and he decided to try pulling in reverse (I warned him this was a terrible idea with the IFS and those tires...he did it anyway).
IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0017.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

SNAP
broken tie rod.

well i get sick of the carnage and tell the kids to chain me up....
the pictures are the best explanation of what followed....

IMAG0022.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

a couple hard tugs and he was out.

:B:

edit: the maroon chevy in the pictures is a 2wd. he wanted to help but had bald 33's and his chain came loose before he ever got a pull

Oh My God! Now that's some mud right there!  I'd say they owe you a few cold ones for that.  Great pictures!!!  :cool: :cool:

yeah sorry for the blurry pics, it was raining.....

in ny case....it felt real good to show up that big silverado... >:D

I hope you didn't leave the chain hooked to the hitch ball when you pulled him out. That's a good way to get a hitch ball through the rear window of the Av.

MyBigToy said:
I hope you didn't leave the chain hooked to the hitch ball when you pulled him out. That's a good way to get a hitch ball through the rear window of the Av.
No i used a hookless strap. Ive seen my share of craziness from jeep recovery. I have a receiver shackle that goes in my hitch.

Fowlhunter said:
Great job man!!!!

The only problem I see, Where are those ambers on the front of the AV??????

Cool

:B:

why ambers? im new to this forum....is it a cafcna thing?

:welcome: and im wondering... why is the av always saving the day... its not that i dont like it but im just amazed that the av is always the one getting somebody stuck out... and i know the av is not the most powerful truck out there but is there something in the av that is special besides this club?  >:D >:D >:D... im a street truck kinda guy so im asking my offroader brothers... i havent heard any av that got stuck and pulled by a for or any chevy by that matter... i guess avs are really built like a rock

eeaton5 said:
AV owners are just smart enough not to get stuck :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Or smart enough not to admit it and post pictures of thier mistakes  :D 

Great Photos! You can get any truck stuck, the near 50/50 front/rear weight ratio of the Avalanche can be a plus pulling someone out. Good tires and knowing the limits of your truck are helpful  :B:

AVY14 said:
:welcome: and im wondering... why is the av always saving the day... its not that i dont like it but im just amazed that the av is always the one getting somebody stuck out... and i know the av is not the most powerful truck out there but is there something in the av that is special besides this club?  >:D >:D >:D... im a street truck kinda guy so im asking my offroader brothers... i havent heard any av that got stuck and pulled by a for or any chevy by that matter... i guess avs are really built like a rock
like Flint said, the 50/50 weight balance gives the av a huge advantage

Back