• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

My greatest MCM moment

grnxnam

SM 2006
OK... there are sooo many things that happened that were great... the prizes, the friends, the Avalanches... it hard to pick one event that really stands out as my favorite.. 

OK, a lil background info first.  I first met Tommy (KRUKEDWAYS) and Jessica nearly a year and a half ago.  We became instant friends.  There was weeks, yes weeks, that I would make the 124 mile (one way) trip to their house at least 2-3 times a week to go visit them.  Then, I was there every weekend that I wasn't in FL seeing my daughter. 

Our friendship was based on common intrests but grew well beyond that.  There isn't anything I wouldn't do for Tommy or Jessica. 

I don't think its a hidden fact how much I admire his Av.  I do, however, get tired of hearing 'can i take a picture of your truck?' whenever we're out on the town in his Avalanche.  We've entered many of the same car/truck shows and its always been my joke to him that I hated entering the same shows as him because got tired of losing to him.

having said that, my best moment is also a moment that I never thought would happen.  Yesterday at the MCM Show and Shine, I beat him out for the Best Street Avalanche.  OK, OK.  He beat me 3 other times... but I actually beat him i something other than strobes/glow. 

Small victory? yup.  A great moment for me?  OH HELL YEAH!!  i'd like to thank the judges that made this possible.  I honestly never thought I'd see the day when that would happen.  My first thought when they announced the winner was 'holy $h!t, I beat Tommy!' 

I could go on and on about what great friends Tommy and Jess are, but just wanted to share my first victory. 

Meeting new friends, but I guess the best for me was being choose as a one of the 6 finalist in the sound off.  Really good feeling when something you build with your own hands is put up there with the big boys. 

Congrats greenie!  How much the judges take on this?  J/K

A victory always feel good. Now you got a taste of it :wave:

All right "B" ... you have your holidays mixed up.  It was Cinco de Mayo yesterday not April Fools Day!!!  >:D  JK  Congrats on your win!!!

Congrats on the victory...

Time to start working toward your next great feat!!!

MOD ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

I'll just go ahead and say congrats to you B and to Tommy for his wins, and to all the others for their wins!  SOOOO many nice Avs and then there was mine :needhug:  But getting to see so many of the extended family and adding to that extended family was definitely my highlight, yep, even better than winning the 75% off the Corsa exhaust.  :woohoo: :woot:

You both had great trucks, but me, I Got my AUTOWOOD:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
It was also great meeting every one.

The other Byron

MichiganSilver03 said:
You both had great trucks, but me, I Got my AUTOWOOD.? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
It was also great meeting every one.

The other Byron
it was great to meet you also.  just remember... they called you 'the good byron,' but I'm still the better byron,

This is a tough one...I'll name a few.

1 - seeing all the smiles and seeing so many old friends and getting to meet new ones.

2 - when it stopped raining on Saturday

3 - the group dinner/awards presentations

4 - being presented with the bag of "Thank You" cards during the awards ceremony (I read every one of them last night before I went to sleep)

5 - receiving the beautiful curio pedestal from Vetman.  Steve, you do great work, it's awesome!

I find it extremely difficult to limit my greatest moment to a single thing, like EQ I will provide a brief list of the top moments:

1.  NOTHING means more to me than seeing the smiles, hearing the laughter, and the feeling that what we had accomplished was enjoyed by everyone.

2.  The bag of Thank You cards is a nice gift.  trAVelingman's widow took my bag home with her from the Group Dinner so that I would not misplace them.  I will be reading every one of them tonite.

3.  Vetman, what can I say my friend.  You never cease to amaze me with your craftsmanship and generosity.  I know that we will display the curio pedestal proudly in our home.

4.  Watching BooTheRedneck run to rescue Heidi Ho when I found that her keeper had let her slip from his care was priceless.  My apologies to myscndfvrtride for tattling on him, but I know how much he truly means to Boo and wanted to make sure you understood your accepted duties as Heidi's caretaker.

My friends, it was a pure honor to put together the baddest, sickest GTG to date.  All of the work that EQ and I put into the event was made all worthwhile the minute we stepped onto the hotel property and witnessed the fun everyone was having already.  Thanks for making Scott and I feel sincerely appreciated. 

Love you guys!!

I'll echo what others have said. It's tough to pick out just one moment. As still a fairly new member, this was my first big g2g. It was a bit overwhelming, but exciting and the absolute best time I have had in a long time. I got an opportunity to meet so many different people and put faces to names, and that was what I was looking forward to the most. Seeing Eric win that Corsa exhaust was pretty awesome, too. He had this "I can't believe I just won this" look on his face. That was priceless. Seeing Spike and AVDiver and bandt win their goodies was great. Seeing "The Good Byron" win, and then give his winnings to Shel, probably takes 1st for me. Most of the time, all I see is the badness that human beings do to each other. It's nice to see the goodness for a change. Thanks to everyone for a fantastic weekend I won't soon forget.

1. Driving around the SuperSpeedway with the windows down and my boys screaming in the back seat!

2. Meeting a lot of people and putting names with faces!

3. "Helping" Brian (bandt0913) install my Vr3 backup camera.? I am no longer completely ignorant to wiring nowand may attempt to install a LOF myself some day! Thanks again Brian. Also thanks to TribalAV for the cladding care tip and use of some of the product. Hope to see the TX crew again in October.

4. AV show/dinner - First toHunt has got to be one of the nicest guys I have ever met!? Also enjoyed meeting/eating dinner with PhoenixTX

MTAC Crew - always great hanging with the locals!!!

I couldn't begin to list my greastest moments. I met so many people that I have chatted with online for years. These are in no particular order.

1. I think I almost fell in love with Tinman

2. Loggie's Hugs. I think I got like 100 of them

3. Sharing a room with Byron (grnxnam)

4. Watching Byron looks like a kid when he beat Tommy (Krukedways).

5. Late nites with Tommy, Jess, and Byron. I am working on my Tip Stroke Now >:D

6. Meeting Larry the Cable Guy.

The list goes on and on. Thanks to all John and Scott for all these memories.

grnxnam said:
I could go on and on about my first victory.? ?

You did...at Waffle House, over and over and over? :laugh:

Congrats B!!! (Never did get to see the inside of your truck.)

Greatest moments:
1.Turning into the hotel parking lot and seeing all the kick @$$ AV's parked together.
2. riding shotgun with a certain red AV that laid rubber down the parking lot.
3. Getting chosen to protect Heidi Ho until the next GTG,and pimpin ain't easy!(esp. with Treva around :beating: :laugh: :kidding:)
4.Meeting new friends and putting faces with the screen names.
5.Working late into the evening with Grnxnam and Raleigh Bermuda Blue helping me put in my midgate box and subs.Thanks to Loggie and Quietman also! :B:
6.Finally seeing Krukedways truck in person.
7.Being part of a great bunch of people with similar interests and a willingness to be helpful just like a family:priceless= CAFCNA :love:

My favorite moment was probably driving on the NASCAR track, what a once in a lifetime opportunity!  Finally meeting everyone was pretty awesome, and being my first big GTG (although certainly not last) I'm sure this one will stick with me for a long time!  :love:

My best moment was when drag racing got rained out and I wasn't embarrassed by Trannyman, KY Bob and I'm sure many others. And the Subs and sub box was pretty great but I really enjoyed meeting everyone and feeling welcome to my first major GTG.

Just having the ability to attend the GTG was huge for me..? I hadnt seen so much of this FAMILY in a long time..?
But I really enjoyed seeing the smiles on the peoples faces and looks of bewilderment when I showed up..? Those were priceless to say the least..
The first hug went to Travelingmans Widow when I got here..
My arms were almost Hugged out but not before I give one to Babydoll when I got home..

The avalanche sprit award was an awesome feeling to say the least..? Thanks everyone..
See you all soon? I hope..
Miss you all aready

Hugz

ps I wont where a blue shirt at the next GTG..? wink wink for you know who..!!!
That moving thread will start 2 weeks from today.. :love: :B: :love:

My favorite part about this past weekend was seeing my ALL of the members of the Avalanche Family that were able to make it out. 

Thank you for a wonderful time.  :love:

Texascwgrl said:
My favorite part about this past weekend was seeing my ALL of the members of the Avalanche Family that were able to make it out.?

Thank you for a wonderful time.? ?:love:

That and finally getting TCG's new train horn installed and wired at 2 am Sunday morning after being delayed by rainstorms (sorry if the test woke anyone up  :B: ).

Thanks Hugz for the assistance and all those that offered advice!

JJ  :cool:

SInce we are listing great moments, I think the few minutes I was watching TV on Saturday morning and watching the live commercial from the Honda dealership and seeing the dog take care of business on the front tire of that ricer was HILARIOUS!!! 

Seeing Tinman again was also one of my highlights.  I always enjoy seeing him.  He seems to make people talk even when they are a little bit shy.  Meeting Boo was also a highlight.  If you missed being around him, well, you missed a party!!! And then there's Loggie.  What a guy.  If you haven't met these individuals, well, you need to get to a GTG with them and meet them.  I could say that same thing about so many folks.  The entire Av family is great.  Seems everytime I go to a GTG I meet more and more great people!! 

We had a great time, but my favorite moment had to be making my wife scream while 4-wheeling out at Wooly's!!! Also having PhoenixTx, and Texascwgrl trust me enough to ride along!!! Y'all are great!

Back