• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Feeling kinda lost.......

trAVelingman

Silent Avalanche RIP
Yesterday was the first day in a very long time that I didn't have something to do to occupy me during my lunch and spare time after work.  It was strange to actually go to lunch with my co-workers who have gotten used to me saying "Go without me, I have some things to do".

You could always skip the day at work :)

:beating: Well what are you waiting for, get back to work! ?Only 51 more weeks to get ready for next year! ?>:D

:kidding:

Hopefully all 4 of you are resting a little better now..  Well I am sure the 3 kids are also..

TKE927 said:
:beating: Well what are you waiting for, get back to work! ?Only 51 more weeks to get ready for next year! ?>:D

:kidding:

Yep, Ya had a day off! ?Now start planning next years event. ?You'll need all 51 weeks to even come close to making it better then this year from all I've read and pic's I've seen!

Though I was not able to attend I just want to echo some of the thanks others have posted towards you (and others) for what you put together. ?I someday hope that I could do something even 1/2 as great as these 2 major GTG's you've done in the last year. ?It takes a special type of person to take on such a large task for others benefit to whom most of which you dont know other then what you see them type on an internet website. ?It would be like anyone of us deciding to have a BBQ one day and while at the grocery store grabbing a hundred folks from the parking lot and saying "Hey, follow me, I'm having a BBQ".

Your self dedication and personal sacrifice from your family and several hours of sleep were well appreciated. ?Its things like this that will make some want to become better persons for just having been able to say that they met you in person. ?It's been a year since I've had the pleasure to shake your hand and buy you a Starbucks, hopefully it wont be another until I can do it again.

Til then....... ? :love:

I can't believe that you'd SLACK off like that ?>:D

Actually it's good to get a break ... food is good too! ?:D

Glad everyone made it home safe!

Don't listen to them, take a couple more days off before you start planning for next year, you deserve it!  :love:

Butch

Need to find yourself a sitter for a weekend and take your loving wife for a holiday just the 2 of ya...? >:D

THEN GET BACK TO PLANNING THE NEXT ONE! :cool:

Yah yah yah , get back to work and this time give us something to do !!?

Now go spend the next month with your wives and families. Soon enough they will be avalanche widows again.

But if ya get really bored TexasCwGrl has A LOT of mods that need help installing

You know I can totally relate to Johns Feelings.

It has a week now and this trip seriously changed me on a pretty deep level. Even Holly has commented how it changed me. I serously miss everyone that I met at this GTG you are a differant breed  , the good times and the few shortlived bad ones. The good weather , the scary weather , the heat and the cold. And even the times when we were away from the gtg when he headed to opryland and food runs and such.

We miss that area so much and the people that live on the east side of the country including those not in the Avalanche family.  Really makes a person think.

Avalanche Wolf said:
You know I can totally relate to Johns Feelings.

It has a week now and this trip seriously changed me on a pretty deep level. Even Holly has commented how it changed me. I serously miss everyone that I met at this GTG you are a differant breed? , the good times and the few shortlived bad ones. The good weather , the scary weather , the heat and the cold. And even the times when we were away from the gtg when he headed to opryland and food runs and such.

We miss that area so much and the people that live on the east side of the country including those not in the Avalanche family.? Really makes a person think.

Wolf,

I understand exactly what you are talking about. I lived in Ca for 12 years, SoCal area, in the Valley. When people found out where I was from, the first thing they asked was, "What do you miss most?"? My response was always the people and the area. I met a lot of nice people while I was out there, don't get me wrong, but there is just something about knowing that if you need help, someone WILL step up to help you that just makes this area special. There are always open arms and smiles here. Heck, in the area I live in, you wave while going down the road, whether you know them or not. Kinda like the way things used to be, before everyone got so rushed, ya know?

I have a new neighbor that has just moved up here from Fl. Her reaction to the area we live in have made me take another look at the things I have gotten used to and have been taking for granted. It has given me a new appreciation for the way of life in the country, and the area I call home.

That's what brought us to Cleveland TN.... After living in the DC area visiting TN was soooo nice.  We literally made the decision to move on the drive back to DC from Cleveland.  We gave our employers our 2 week notice and within a month we were living in TN.  But it was the people and the laid back type of living that we missed growing up in smalltown Ohio that made us do it.  I miss our friends, but no regrets....

The joke around here is that the snowbirds stop in for gas and end up staying.  We have more and more retirees showing up by the day....

Back