Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
10/22/14 05:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Question: Tune Up  (Read 2995 times)
arsenik

Awards
« on: 05/12/07 02:04 PM »

Sorry for this guys , but I couldn't find it in a search.  Is there a how-to with pictures somewhere on how to perform a tune up to a 2004 avalanche vortec v8?  I wanna get e3 plugs, good wires, and a new distributor cap and put it on myself but I've never done anything like this.

2004 WBH. Mods: Amber DRL, Hood Deflector, Window Vent shades, limo tint, Aftermarket amp powering bose sub, Remote Start, Reverse Camera.  Coming Soon: All 6 on high.
cadboy1
CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 05/12/07 02:13 PM »

Some good news for you love You don't have distributor cap to worry about !! And wires are all the same length, cant mess that up love If plugs and wires take you more than 30 mins I would be surpised Cheesy But just make sure you start the plugs by hand. Dont want to strip the holes chevy

04 AV 2500
01 Olds Aurora 4.0
07 Trailblazer SS AWD
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 05/12/07 02:16 PM »

OK do you have a friend who has done a tuneup before, maybe you can get them to help ya.
Changing spark plugs and wires are easy, how do I put this, there is no distributor cap in a AV. Just take the old ones out and put the new ones on

2003 2500
PUNISHER

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 05/12/07 02:22 PM »

remove and replace each one at a time.  this way there is no chance of you mixing anything up.

i have not replaced the plugs, but i have replace the wires with ThunderVolt 50's.  big difference in throttle response.

AVALANCHE PICS
-traded 02 Z-66 for an 04 DBM Z-71
-traded 04 DBM Z-71 for a Lexus IS250
GTG's-DE, VA, TX, GA, MD, SC
arsenik

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 05/12/07 03:20 PM »

thanks for the help.  I thought all cars had a distributer cap haha. 

2004 WBH. Mods: Amber DRL, Hood Deflector, Window Vent shades, limo tint, Aftermarket amp powering bose sub, Remote Start, Reverse Camera.  Coming Soon: All 6 on high.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: