• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Hawaii (Oahu) Avs?

I saw more on Maui than I did on Oahu.

IB Mike said:
Looks like I might be PCSing to Hickam in Nov/Dec.? WHat's the Av situation out that way? Hope to hook up with y'all!

Lucky dog  >:D :cool:

Sam

Mike I have a 06 Ava I will be heading to Oahu in October.  Hope to see you there with your Ava.  By the way my name is Mike also

mendozama said:
Mike I have a 06 Ava I will be heading to Oahu in October.? Hope to see you there with your Ava.? By the way my name is Mike also

Hahaha, that's too funny  :laugh:

Check out the California boards for GTGs in your area - here

mendozama said:
Mike I have a 06 Ava I will be heading to Oahu in October.? Hope to see you there with your Ava.? By the way my name is Mike also

Cool!

We should hook up before then. As Ro said above, check out the California folder for info on GTGs in the area!

I am sitting at the Starbucks across from Hickam at this very moment, just awaiting my flight back to the Mainland. 

BTW, for us non-militaries,,,,,what exactly is PCSing anyway.

04avfan said:
We will be there Oct. 6th thru the 14th.

Nick

Visiting Peal Harbor? ?If so, and if you're interested in the Bowfin (sub), I can put you in contact with the guy that is their director of education and outreach. ?He did a personal special tour for my family, several hours worth, and took us to off-limits areas. ?Derek (my son) said that was his favorite part of Oahu. ?Maui was swimming with the turtle - also another worthwhile experience, although pricy.

trAVelingman said:
I am sitting at the Starbucks across from Hickam at this very moment, just awaiting my flight back to the Mainland.

BTW, for us non-militaries,,,,,what exactly is PCSing anyway.

Permanent Change of Station, if memory serves.

DougD said:
Permanent Change of Station, if memory serves.

Ah, cool. But that leads me to my next question then.....if it is permanent, then you would never get another PCS would you??  Inquiring minds wanna know these things.

DougD said:
Visiting Peal Harbor? ?If so, and if you're interested in the Bowfin (sub), I can put you in contact with the guy that is their director of education and outreach. ?He did a personal special tour for my family, several hours worth, and took us to off-limits areas. ?Derek (my son) said that was his favorite part of Oahu. ?Maui was swimming with the turtle - also another worthwhile experience, although pricy.

Wow - absolutely interested!

trAVelingman said:
Ah, cool. But that leads me to my next question then.....if it is permanent, then you would never get another PCS would you?? Inquiring minds wanna know these things.

John, John, John.......

We're talking about THE MILITARY. ?The U.S. Government. ?Please stop trying to apply logic :)

04avfan said:
Wow - absolutely interested!

As time draws nearer, let me know and I'll get things started for you.

trAVelingman said:
Ah, cool. But that leads me to my next question then.....if it is permanent, then you would never get another PCS would you?? Inquiring minds wanna know these things.

Aw - that was quick Doug!!
good question though!

04avfan said:
Awesome - I'll be in touch! Thanks Doug!

Nick

Not a problem, believe me I was so thrilled by the offer he made us and I could see how he actually enjoys doing it. ?If I can share that experience with others, I'm more than happy to do it. ?It was truly an exceptional one.

trAVelingman said:
Would you expect anything less from an Engineer?

Yes, I'd expect some common sense and reason :)

By asking that, you demonstrated none - you should know better when thinking gubmint :)

DougD said:
Yes, I'd expect some common sense and reason :)

By asking that, you demonstrated none - you should know better when thinking gubmint :)

That's why I avoid gubmit contracts.  I have done one gubmint project in my entire career and will never do so again.  I spend most of my time jockeying worthless paperwork over miniscule minor changes.  It would cost me $400 in time to submit a Request for Proposal for a $50 change to the contractor........ :E:

trAVelingman said:
Would you expect anything less from an Engineer??

I would expect one to sing some worthless song about a trade school in Atlanta! :9:

BTW, don't you want to bring me some chocolate covered macadamias?  :love:

EricB said:
I would expect one to sing some worthless song about a trade school in Atlanta! :9:

BTW, don't you want to bring me some chocolate covered macadamias?? ?:love:

Do you remember the last time you asked me to bring you something from one of my travels?  :love: :cool:

trAVelingman said:
Do you remember the last time you asked me to bring you something from one of my travels?? ?:love: :cool:

Yep! :love: :love: :love:  I just had some more of that concoction the day before yesterday!  Probably going to have more tomorrow! 

Back