Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Tailgate torsion bar lift assist (removes 70% tailgate weight)  (Read 115378 times)

wolverine350r

So for those that have the second gen AV and EXT and got one that fits without mods, what does the cylinder look like?

http://www.amazon.com/Dee-Zee-DZ43101-Tailgate-Assist/dp/B001PWFPE8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=368E762RBKEVB&coliid=I1OJ2ANREIRYRD

The one I bought looks just like the straight one shown in the pics and is to short (its the one 48548 has also).  Is the one that fits like the other picture with the dog leg on the end?

bones08

i installed the tailgate torsion bar with no problems until i actually tried to close the tailgate. When doing so it seems as if the passenger side rides high on the hinge and will not close properly. It will close properly if you put some slight downward preassure with you right hand then it will close properly not sure what i did wrong perhaps others ran into this. It just a PITA when closing it

Web

I put a hose clamp on the right hinge so the tailgate can't jump out  of the slot if driven with it opened. You might want to try that....

bones08

thanks the hose clamp solved everything excellent idea

Dtailz

Good morning gadget,

I am new to this forum and joined to ask you about this post. I am unable to view the pictures in this well laid out post and this is the exact application for this product I hope to install. Would you be so kind to re post or send them to me? I am a bit hesitant to try this install with just the text portion of your instructions. I know it has been a while since you posted this, but I could sure use your help.

Thank you and God bless,
Michael Sutherland
Michaelsutherlandpmp@gmail.com

Calicak89

• CAFCNA 2018 Supporting Member

DTailz,

:welcome: to the forum,
_gadget hasn't been active on the site for almost 5 years, I wouldn't hold my breath for a response. I'd love to help you out but I never did this mod.
2013 Black LT
Many mods to come
2008 Judson Green LT
Way too many mods to list here
2005 Silver Birch Metallic (former)

oih82w8

• CAFCNA 2015 Premium Member
  • Longtime Chevy owner...First time Avalanche owner

I had one of these on my 01 Silverado.  It was sponsored by my car parts store for "show and tell" and it worked fine.  Although I did experience the same cable binding when the gate was raised, but it became second nature to pull the  cable end to one side while raising the gate. 

I may pick up a couple, one for each side, if it will work on the passenger side as well.

BTW, I think that these have been discontinued;

Technical Details

Brand Dee Zee
Item Weight 3 pounds
Product Dimensions 22 x 5 x 5 inches
Item model number DZ43101
Discontinued by manufacturer Yes
Manufacturer Part Number DZ 43101
OEM Part Number  43101

http://www.amazon.com/Dee-Zee-DZ43101-Tailgate-Assist/dp/B001PWFPE8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=368E762RBKEVB&coliid=I1OJ2ANREIRYRD
oih82w8 = "oh I hate to wait"

2008 LT 5.3L; K&N air filter, Magnaflow muffler, so far...

Web

That part is to slow the drop of the tailgate. The original post is to make the tailgate lighter to lift . It is about a 3/8 to 1/4 inch rod bent in a certain way.

It's raining here today, but when I get a chance I'll take some pictures of it installed and measure where I drilled the holes , if that would help.... mine is an 03... so don't really know if all will be the exact same...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjszUq11aLk      may not be the same part number....

http://www.autobarn.net/tailgate-easylift.html
« Last Edit: 11/10/15 12:08 PM by Web »

No Tyme

Well I am resurrecting this thread after 2 1/2 years dormant. I have a 2013 AV and my tailgate drops like a rock, so I ordered the TailGate Easy Lift and the TailGate assist DZ43101. I will attempt to do the install this week one day as I miss the tailgate on my 14 Silverado dropping ever so slowly. But most of all I will enjoy the lighten weight of lifting the tailgate.
Since Photobucket became real jerks I will try posting on Imgur Image hosting of the finished project.
2013 Avalanche LTZ Black Diamond Blue Topaz Metallic W/ Summit Performance level lift, Hollander 5308ís wrapped with 275 65 R 20ís Coper Discoverer HTPís, DZ TailGate assist, Sound Ordinance powered sub, AVS Vent Visors, Husky Liners, cool white interior LEDís, JDM Alstar backup lights.

Formerly 2005 Avalanche Z71 Silver Birch

ygmn

• Administrator
  • Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .

Since Photobucket became real jerks I will try posting on Imgur Image hosting of the finished project.

YOU have Free Gallery space here:
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/gallery/

you can store all sorts of pictures and have huge capacity
Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!

No Tyme

YOU have Free Gallery space here:
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/gallery/

you can store all sorts of pictures and have huge capacity
Thanks, good to know.
2013 Avalanche LTZ Black Diamond Blue Topaz Metallic W/ Summit Performance level lift, Hollander 5308ís wrapped with 275 65 R 20ís Coper Discoverer HTPís, DZ TailGate assist, Sound Ordinance powered sub, AVS Vent Visors, Husky Liners, cool white interior LEDís, JDM Alstar backup lights.

Hail State

• I love the Chevy Avalanche

Looking for some guidance.  I have a 2004 WBH and am about to do the Torsion Bar.  I have an appointment to get the bed, covers/tonneau, inside tailgate, etc. Linex coated.  Should I do the Torsion bar prior to the Linex or after?

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche WBH Z71. 

Mods:

Flares OEM
Husky Mud Flaps
In progress by priority below.

*Power Tailgate and Saddlebags - Dynolock
*Droptail
*New head unit with backup camera.  Tough time figuring out the which Camera (Bezel) and which Head Unit

No Tyme

My though would be to drill the hole in the gate and mount the tailgate assist to confirm its operation, then remove it for the application of Line Ex so they came cover the hole and get some of the line Ex inside that area when there is bare metal. You may also want to point that hole out to them so they can cover as much as they can and maybe even get some of the coating inside of that hole. JMO

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 25 queries.