• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

antenna (delete) mod

grnxnam

SM 2006
Took my antenna off a while ago, but was left with the hole where it was mounted.?

I found a thread on FSC that took care of that.?

before (its really Viper's truck since I had already completed the swap):

PICT1155.jpg

After:

PICT1156.jpg

here's the part number for the cover...?Escalade cowl corner - GM part number 15287179

someone posted on FSC that they paid about $10 for the piece shipped from partszoneonline.com.? I sent SpikeAv a pm to see if he could get it and he was nice enough to hook me with it and pass it along to Avcop778 for delivery.? Took about 2 minutes to swap the cover.? It'll take a lil longer if you do the whole mod keeping the antenna.

here's a link for the complete mod keeping the antenna:

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268764

Looks good B.  :cool:  I wonder if the part is different for an 07? I'll check with my local Chevy Man AKA Mr. SpikeAV  >:D

That's clean. Nice mod!

I took an easy way out with an aftermarket OnStar antenna I didn't like on top (and wouldn't work on the digital systems)..

It threaded right on.

Attachments

• BowtieStubby-s.jpg
    BowtieStubby-s.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,953
Nice mod. $17.89 shipped from GM parts direct. Now I just gotta get the sirius tuner hooked up. :E:

I like that!  Very cool!  Im doing the same. Thanx for the link!

grnxnam,
Did you move your antennae as shown in the link, or did you come up with somehting else?  Did your reception change for the worse or better after your mod?

I may have to do this.  I did the "car wash permanently deleted my antenna" mod.  The car wash was going to repair/replace it, but I actually kinda liked the way it looked without it >:D

Hank Scorpio said:
grnxnam,
Did you move your antennae as shown in the link, or did you come up with somehting else? Did your reception change for the worse or better after your mod?
since my antenna was already gone, I just put the cover over the antenna base. ?I never listen to FM stations at all. ?They guy on FSC who did this said there was a lil loss in reception, but not enough to worry about.

I like the re-located ant. I might have to look into this.

Sam

I am all over this mod...I never listen to FM and AM rarely and it sure is cheap enough and we all could use more cheap mods :love:. I will probably relocate it though :love:

I am going to do this mod as well - thanks grnxnam  :love:

I've wanted to remove my antenna, but didn't want that hole.  I listen to XM all the time so I am not that concerned about minor reception loss, and the antenna always rubs on the garage door as I pull into the garage.

for those wanting to just remove the antenna because you never use it, all thats needed is to replace the cover.  it fits over the base without a problem.

I broke mine off at the base on my '02, FM reception distance was a little shorter with no antenna. 

That looks very cool and clean. With lowering mine even more and those purple pearl flames, teak wood etc. I think it is time to slick it down a bit and this will be a good start!! I will go out and lay the antenna down this week, if I don't loose much FM reception I will order that part!

THANKS for the tip!

Butch

Back