Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
04/23/14 10:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stealth OffRoad Metal Bumper For Avalanche  (Read 15603 times)
Mdz66

I love my 1st and only Z-66 Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #25 on: 05/09/03 02:47 PM »

I like the last  one the best as covering up the bowtie would turn me away.   If the drl location was maintained,while using different lights would be awesome.  Avs coming at you look like none other.   Just my$0.02  But they look tough!!

02 Forest Green Z-66, Medium Cloth, Grille Gaurd, K&N Cold Air Kit, Gibson Stainless Sport Truck Cat-Back, Tube Side Steps, Silver Stars , Full-Time Amber Drls, 10In Flip Down Monitor, Bose Dvd, Green Underbody Kit, Functional Ram Air Hood, Forest, Green Bowtie, Billet Grill, Mountain Decal In Back Window,  Red Brake Calipers, Aux Tranny Cooler, D&S Rotors
welder

Bumpers

Awards
« Reply #26 on: 05/09/03 03:36 PM »

Answers:

Yes, front receiver instead of winch mount is no problem.  If so, all three holes can go away.  That's the nice thing about being a smaller company.  We can make small changes to suit individual customers' applications.  Just write me an email with your requirements.  

Stock DRLs are a real problem, and are not in the plan for us for $ reasons.  Also, we try to keep the lights off of the bottom face of our bumpers for damage reasons.  

Again, thanks so much for the questions and interest!

I've been reading the performance forum, and I'm getting a hankering for more HP to match the look, now.  I also need to fix the hail dents at some point, I know.  I'm hoping I can wrangle a custom paint job out of the company    And some wheels...a small lift...a supercharger...

Alaska_AV.
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

living the cold life

WWW Awards
« Reply #27 on: 05/09/03 04:06 PM »

Answers:

I've been reading the performance forum, and I'm getting a hankering for more HP to match the look, now.  I also need to fix the hail dents at some point, I know.  I'm hoping I can wrangle a custom paint job out of the company    And some wheels...a small lift...a supercharger...

I'm not a doctor, but I've seen this before. Don't do anything rash and give the ole-lady your wallet. You have the MOD bug.  Hay, I saw you palm your credit card..............
hand it over slowly Wink

« Last Edit: 05/09/03 04:07 PM by Alaska_AV. » Logged

First you'll lose your mind
and then any free cash laying around
Then mods will bloat your credit limits
You'll be like a crack addict, refinancing your home..
You'll cry yourself to sleep,stuff like, must get new rims.
Important questions like, polished or chrome. will shadow you daily

I'm Jon, and my Wife is an Avalanche widow..
Nationals 2007 and 2008 good times

http://alaskaav.mybru
TXAVy
CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #28 on: 05/10/03 01:10 AM »

Lookin GREAT welder, good job. As a personal preference the only things I'd change are to have the vertical members in the brushguard follow the slightly diagonal line between the headlights and the grill, and possibly have the outside edge of the bumper come in flush with the small cladding section above it (or closer to it). Looks like that's where your brushguard bar lands though so perhaps that small side extension is intentional AND functional.

ARRIVAL BLUE, '03 Z-71
MODs: Westin Chrome Nerf Bars, GoodYear Wrangler MT/R 285/70R17, Amber DRLs, Mag Light Mod, WeatherTech WeatherFlectors, ES Bushings, Window Tint, AVALANCHE hitch cover, Rear Seat Headrest Mod, Lifted EZ-Slider, Remote Tailgate Lock, Automatic Cargo Lights
Bermuda Blue

Mali-blue

Awards
« Reply #29 on: 05/10/03 01:18 AM »

IEEEEEEEEEEl LIKE IT!!!

Can you chrome that bad boy?

Whats cost going to be just like the one pictured. chrome?
wildcat-n-xile

god i miss the desert!

Awards
« Reply #30 on: 05/11/03 03:25 PM »

to ben fisher,
why doesnt your 03 version match the cladding more closely? Can you paint the bumper body color ie. black?
gandolphxx
Charter Member

TANSTAAFL

WWW Awards
« Reply #31 on: 05/11/03 04:54 PM »

Thanks to the moderators for relocating this thread to the proper place- I appreciate it!

Answers to questions:

1.The bumper mounts to the AV frame through stock frame holes.  Several bolts per side connect plate steel mounts to the tubular frame rails, and then the bumper bolts to the mounts with large bolts.  All very rugged and simple.  Some other manufacturers choose to modify the frame rails on the AV before mounting their bumpers.  This is not neccessarily a bad idea if the vehicle is going to be a serious off-roader, because it can make for simpler and cheaper mountings, and a serious off-roader is going to need frame repair at some point anyway.  Lots of folks, however, are justifiably nervous about taking a plasma cutter to the frame of a $40K vehicle (I am) and so we designed our bumper to be bolt-on.

Our product also does not require any specialized tools to install.  Sockets and and air-wrench are about it.  

2.The light ports are 6" and 4.5".  On the pics of my blue 71, those are Hella 500s (6.375 dia.) and the small lights are 4" Blazers.      

3.The base unit is approx 150 lbs.  I'll be getting exact weight on base and grill-guard units tomorrow, I think.  

4.We're located in central Texas, near San Antonio.  I'd love to hear from a member in this area who has a 2500, especially.  Phone # is on the site, and we offer complementary installs on everything we sell.  

Hey, thanks for the questions!  I'm very glad to get such a good response.  I'd like to get more opinions on what the back bumper should look like, and I'll post pics of the grill-guard unit ASAP.  

Ben Fisher
http://www.Stealthoffroad.com
Info@Stealthoffroad.com        

I live in Texas and just happen to have a 2500 and am 3 hours away from you - I will contact you. ^^
« Last Edit: 05/11/03 04:55 PM by gandolphxx » Logged

Mods @ The Ultimate Urban Assault Vehicle
2002 K2500 w/ 8.1L 4.10 4x4 4L85E Black - 4" Rancho Lift
11/17/02 60': 1.99 1/4 mi: 14.245 @ 94.45 MPH [68 deg]
welder

Bumpers

Awards
« Reply #32 on: 05/11/03 05:12 PM »

More answers to questions...

Chrome:  Chrome looks super-cool (picture a chrome front bumper on a black AV w/ the cladding painted black) but it is not really practical from a $ standpoint.  What is somewhat more practical is stainless steel.  We've done this kind of work in the past, and I'll be glad to share our experiences with you on the topic.  Write me an email.  

Colors and color-matching:  Well, the exact shade Chevy is using on the 03 cladding is just really tough to get right.  The light grey was much easier, as there was a wide selction of pigments in that tone range.  We're still working on it, and in the interim, we can offer the current (not very close) match, or gloss black powdercoat, or gloss charcoal grey powdercoat.  Bumpers matched to body color are very nice, IMO, but they are a problem to transport without damage.  Powdercoat is very tough, and transports very well.  The best way, usually, to obtain a color-matched bumper is to order it bare and have it painted locally.  Some folks, however, don't have access to a local shop which does quality work, and we can usually help out in those cases.

GandolphXX - Phone # is on site- gimme a call, ask for Ben.  

Thanks for all the questions!      
« Last Edit: 05/11/03 05:32 PM by welder » Logged
Colonel
CAFCNA 2004 Supporting Member

06 Suburban, 07 Silverado, all Z71; 06 Jeep Wrangl

Awards
« Reply #33 on: 05/22/03 06:15 AM »

I have ordered this bumper for my 03 Z71. It will ship mid next week and, if I get it in time, it will be installed before I leave to attend the Pigeon Forge GTG the following week. It is being finished now, and so far the whole process has been very professional. Ben has called and emailed me several times with updates. I think they even moved up the production schedule so I can have it installed in time to show it off - of course this is also in their best interest as well. They are shipping it to my Chevy dealer, and their body shop will install it the day it arrives. It will have a Warn winch already installed, as well as 4 lights and the full brush guard, which will accept another 4 lights. Should be perfect for the "ultimate hunter's truck" I am making.
AtomTaz

We Will Rock You!!!

Awards
« Reply #34 on: 05/22/03 06:29 PM »

I'll think about one of these if you can get it to match the 2003 Cladding.

The Modlist is out on my Avalanche.  My Avalanche is Dark Gray and fully loaded.  The mods I have added are: Ford or "Hill" Torshen Bar Keys,  Tal & Hadas Grill Guard, American Racing Daimand Lock Rims 16", Goodyear MTR 305/70R16's (32.8"), WAAG tube side steps and the Billet Fuel Door.
Here are some pics of both the Avalanches I have owned.
http://groups.msn.com/ColoradoChat/atomtaz.msnw?albumlist=2
welder

Bumpers

Awards
« Reply #35 on: 05/23/03 10:14 AM »

AtomTaz:

We're working with our coatings supplier to match the 2003 AV cladding.  It's costing some $, but we're going ahead with it because we think it's important.  We want to be able to offer a near-perfect match.  We've just received an advance batch of Dark AvaTex, and will be testing it later today.  If it works out to be a good match, Gerry's unit will be the first with it applied.  Watch this space.  I'm sure Gerry will let you know how it matches (or doesn't  Shocked).

Gerry:

Thanks for the kind words!  It's been a pleasure working with you.    
chevroletavalanche

Awards
« Reply #36 on: 05/23/03 11:09 AM »

Do you have a pic with the trailer hitch mounted on the front bumper?

Have anyone seen the roadarmor bumper? I think it is missing something. It sort of doesnt look right.

The Stealth bumper is awsome! Great job on the bumper!

Hope you can make one for the 2500. That would be awsome!
« Last Edit: 05/23/03 11:09 AM by chevroletavalanche » Logged
welder

Bumpers

Awards
« Reply #37 on: 05/24/03 05:11 AM »

chevroletavalanche:

Thanks for the compliment!  We have a unit w/ front-mounted receiver hitch being finished this weekend; I'll try to snap a pic today and post it, probably Tuesday.  It shouldn't be too long until the 2500AV mounts are ready.  I'll try to keep you informed.      
Avialanche

Ace & Arlo

Awards
« Reply #38 on: 05/24/03 05:47 AM »

Welder, i will order the stealth bumber when you get a near perfect texture/color match to the existing 2003 cladding.
« Last Edit: 05/24/03 05:48 AM by sorel » Logged

2004 DGM 2500 4x4 Fully Loaded, Z85 Off-Road PKG, 4:10's, 33" Tires, 3" Body Lift, Strobes, 5000K Low Beam HIDS, 4300K Fog HIDS, Deep Sump Finned Trans Pan, Hitch Electrical Plug Relocated to Bumper, Wait-For-Me-Performance Tune, Y91 Luxury Navigation System with Aux DVD Player/TV Tuner, Rear DVD Player, Tint, Iridium Plugs,
fbuhler

PURCHASED 1-9-2002. NEW STEALTH WINCH BUMPER

WWW Awards
« Reply #39 on: 05/24/03 07:35 AM »

MINE SHIPPED YESTERDAY WILL BE HERE BY NEXT FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
WILL BE INSTALLED ON TUESDAY. I WILL POST PICS ASAP.
« Last Edit: 05/27/03 06:30 AM by fbuhler » Logged

Colonel
CAFCNA 2004 Supporting Member

06 Suburban, 07 Silverado, all Z71; 06 Jeep Wrangl

Awards
« Reply #40 on: 05/28/03 12:25 AM »

Mine shipped yesterday. From the pictures that Ben Fisher sent me, it looks very close. My dealer will install it for me the day it arrives, and then I'll know better, and will post a picture.

welder

Bumpers

Awards
« Reply #41 on: 05/28/03 02:44 AM »

Avialanche:

Send me an email to the link on the site http://www.Stealthoffroad.com so I have your email address, and I'll send you photos and updates.  

JRose609

I love the Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #42 on: 05/28/03 07:16 AM »

My question revolves around the body lift. I have a 3" PA body lift. I really want a metal bumper for my rig, but I'm concerned. When my body lift was put on, they used the original bumper obviously. Would I just mount the Stealth on my rig the same way the stock bumper fits?  

Does anyone know if it would take a lot of modifications to put a Stealth on?  

Also, have any of the Av clubbers posted any pictures? Is there one of the winch receiver model?

Thanks
fbuhler

WWW Awards
« Reply #43 on: 05/28/03 07:38 AM »

MY STEALTH BUMPER WILL ARIVE ON FRIDAY 5-30-03
RIGHT NOW IT IS SITTING IN SALT LAKE CITY IT GOT 2 SALTLAKE AT 7:00AM TUESDAY MORNING. ITS BEN SITTING THERE FOR OVER A DAY, Embarrassed WHAT GIVES?

IT WILL BE INSTALED ON TUESDAY 5-27-03
AS SOON AS IT IS ON MY TRUCK I WILL TAKE SOME PICTURES AND POST THEM FOR ALL TO SEE thumbs_up

FAVER BUHLER
« Last Edit: 05/28/03 07:44 AM by fbuhler » Logged

Avialanche

Ace & Arlo

Awards
« Reply #44 on: 05/28/03 07:48 AM »

I look forward to seein the pics.

2004 DGM 2500 4x4 Fully Loaded, Z85 Off-Road PKG, 4:10's, 33" Tires, 3" Body Lift, Strobes, 5000K Low Beam HIDS, 4300K Fog HIDS, Deep Sump Finned Trans Pan, Hitch Electrical Plug Relocated to Bumper, Wait-For-Me-Performance Tune, Y91 Luxury Navigation System with Aux DVD Player/TV Tuner, Rear DVD Player, Tint, Iridium Plugs,
welder

Bumpers

Awards
« Reply #45 on: 05/28/03 10:43 AM »

Jrose,

We can fabricate 3" lifted bumper mounts for your AV.  The extra charge would be minimal, certainly less than $80.  Write me an email at  Info@StealthOffroad.com and I'll send you the full details.  

fbuhler

WWW Awards
« Reply #46 on: 05/30/03 03:04 PM »

I COULD NOT WAIT UNTIL TUESDAY!
I started removing the oem bumper, fairly easy
the hardest part is the real metal bumper under the plastic.

i got started on the install as well. i got the front mounting brackets on. then my girl had to go to work so I've ben inside all night. Sad well hopefuly i will get it on after work Saterday

i will get pics as soon as posible.

flynhigh
CAFCNA 2006 Supporting Member

So yea... huh.....

Awards
« Reply #47 on: 05/31/03 04:55 AM »

Can't wait to see your pics  Roll Eyes

Of all the things I've Lost,  I miss my mind the most.
welder

Bumpers

Awards
« Reply #48 on: 05/31/03 12:53 PM »

Work, work, work.  It's all I ever do!   Wink

http://www.stealthoffroad.com/AVoffroad.htm

Tore off the rear plastic bumper cover, and crushed the trailer plug along the way.  Rear bumper, therefore, is coming very soon - I need one!

Avialanche

Ace & Arlo

Awards
« Reply #49 on: 05/31/03 02:03 PM »

Looks like you were having fun!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: