• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Extended Warranty

jac1304

Wondering if any knows price for factory extended warranty for 2007 Avalanche? I know this varies for type of coverage, wondering if some dealers on the board are selling them. I tried a search and didn't see it easily, with the search function; I am sure this topic has been covered. This is my first post and considering a purchase of Avalanche.

Thanks in advance

I bought the 5y/100,000 Kilometer on mine.... cost was $1600 Canadian (premium plus, with no deductible)

and  :welcome: to the Av family!

The price varies drastically by provider, deductible, length chosen, etc.  Without some specifics of your interest, answers will just be all over the place.

I got the GM protection plan online for 2 of my vehicles for about 1/3 off of what my local dealer wanted. It is the real GMPP not an aftermarket warranty.

They have the 5yr/75000 miles $0 deductible for $1550, $100 deductible=$1285.

I'm not sure if it is ok to post the website or not. I would say PM me but I don't have enough posts yet to reply.

If it is ok to post the site, someone reply & I will.

As a general rule I never get them but I did get an independent one when I bought my first Av.  I was worried about all the bells and whistles  and I always worry about complex transmissions.  Of course I traded in when the first Av was still well within the factory warranty  :E:.

The finance guy made a friendly push to get the 5/100,000 warranty.  I always tell them to write it down and I will take it home and think about it.  That keeps them friendly and he said that I have 5000 miles to think about it.

These are the figures he wrote down (before sales tax).

60 months 100,000 miles 100 deductible= $1530

84 months 84,000 miles 100 deductible=$1610

I would probably go with the longer time period since I only put about 10K on a year having my Av as a "recreation" vehicle.

I have been talking with an independent broker and am also going to see if one gets a price break on picking up a new warranty after cancelling one that I never used on the trade in.

I bought a 2006 avalanche in 2006..  the dealer told me it comes with a 120,000 kilometer bumper to bumper warranty... now they're telling me that its only 60,000 and that its all over.  I was looking threw my paperwork and nothing on the bill of sale says anything about it  :E:

I work for a chevy dealer and ext warr. are worth it.  I see it pays over triple to what most people pay in.  and thats because of all the computer crap we have on cars now days.  price all depends on the dealer.  we sale ours 2-300 over cost.  most dealers sale 600-1200 over cost.  the old dealer I worked at was a 1000 over.  hard to sale them at that price.    by the way get the 0 ded.  for the price difference it pays for it self with one or two visits.    if yall need one email me at west.k@charter.net and if you pay by credit card I can do it over the phone.  I should be able to get it to the 150-200 over price too.

Back