• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Unique Mods at The Nationals.........

pktwatch

SM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2004
SM 2003
OK, who will hold the bragging rights for the LOWEST AVALANCHE at the Show & Shine? With Mr. SMITH, DUNE and grnxnam not showing up maybe I will have a chance to claim that title? :cool:.................with help from friends it will be quite a bit lower than it was at MCM!!!

Even if I don't win those bragging rights I BET I can claim to be the only Avalanche there with TEAK running boards!! I also have a custom TEAK rack over the bed covers.? I have a custom TEAK laser engraved front plate. I have PURPLE PEARL PAINTED FLAMES, anyone else? I have a one of a kind homemade laptop mount. I have a flagpole carrier inside of the bed and of course I have the Swing 'N Load. If you want to see any of these items I will be glad to show them off, just stop by at the Show & Shine and ask!

So what will you be sporting that is unique to the Avalanche community and your truck? Don't be shy, let members know what you have so they can stop by and check it out at this event!

Butch

Attachments

• Close Side.jpg
    Close Side.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 178
(packs bags to go steal Butch's chance of winning)

Good luck Butch.? did you get your drop kit installed?

Like at all Avalanche events, It's always fun to see what everyone has done to make their Avalanche unique.

I can't wait much longer!
Todd

grnxnam said:
(packs bags to go steal Butch's chance of winning)

Good luck Butch.? did you get your drop kit installed?

You stay home this time! ?>:D ? :kidding:

No but I still have a little over a week to get er done.....................

Have plans to install it Sunday with Didit's help!

Butch

Is it someone coming to The Nationals that came up with those bumper cup holders?? I have been thinking about doing that, if the PRO that came up with that idea has the hole saw needed bring it along and I may let you help me. :love:

Butch

The bumper cup holders are pretty handy. I wouldnt mind having them myself. You might even be able to paint them purple.

MR.SMITH said:
The bumper cup holders are pretty handy. I wouldnt mind having them myself. You might even be able to paint them purple.

:eek:? ? ? :eek:? ? ? ? :eek:

I was thinking black for those........

MR.SMITH said:
I do like yours. Did you get the jumbo ones? What did you use to drill hole? What holds them in place?

No, don't get the jumbo ones.  Not enough room in the cladding.  We used a 2 inch hole saw and Dremeled a little at a time.  We cut the hole just a TAD bit small and the Big Guy (Hoss) used his brute strength to force it into the hole.  It is in so tight, it ain't going anywhere.

Check this one out
Thanks to Maxx6 AV & his truck!

Attachments

• Av_mods_018.jpg
    Av_mods_018.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Av_mods_012.jpg
    Av_mods_012.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 126
maverick1974 said:
Check this one out:
index.php

index.php

Thanks to Maxx6 AV & his truck!

Cool.  AWESOME red x's.

So I have 2 questions:

maverick1974, are you going to The Nationals?

maverick1974, will you have your tools with you?

:eek:

Butch

Z66 BUTCH said:
So I have 2 questions:

maverick1974, are you going to The Nationals?

maverick1974, will you have your tool with you?

:eek:

Butch

I cannot take credit for the mod, I only posted the pics when the cup holder was discussed.  The truck is Maxx6 AV's.
I just reviewed the thread over at KAC about it.  The max hole in the bumper would be a 4" that is about the size shown in the picture.  Most of the standard cup holders are smaller then that, stated here to be around 2".
The lights are actually LEDs or LED accent lights drilled or attached to the bottom.
The "cup" holder is actually a "pen/pencil" holder sold at Office Depot, several members at KAC have used that for the cup holder mod.

I do not have any hole saws bigger then 1", so I can't help you there.

Since I will be renting an Avalanche at the meet, I don't think I will have many mods to show off.? :(

But here is a pic of the one I am leaving at home, which does have just a mod or two....? :wave:

Larry's Supermobile 07 LTZ

Supermobile

You might want to stop by and check out my custom TEAK front plate!

Attachments

• Front Plate.jpg
    Front Plate.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 108
nice plate, Butch. 

as for being the lowest...  do I need to meet you somewhere to swap tires?  mine are only 29'' tall. :cool:

Back