Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
07/31/14 10:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FUEL DOOR RELEASE  (Read 6483 times)
rmeyer24

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« on: 07/20/07 07:10 PM »

Just purchased 07 Avalanche 4x4 used Southern confort conversion. Without owners manual,I'm having trouble finding fuel door release. Many bell & whistles to learn on this machine. This should be a simple answer.
                thanks
steve841

07 Avalanche

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: 07/20/07 07:11 PM »

So simple .. you will be embarrassed.

Push the right side and it will pop open.  It's not locked ... it has a spring loaded push pin ...  kinda like a stereo rack enclosure.  I must be old!!!!
« Last Edit: 07/20/07 07:14 PM by steve841 » Logged

Was a new Avalanche owner...  a black 2007 LTZ ...
Now a Caddy EXT 2009
MR.SMITH

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 07/20/07 07:40 PM »

Welcome! Now go get some gas.

SIg Pic exceeds:
30kb file size
100 pixel height.
toydriver00

New Avalanche Driver

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 07/23/07 03:20 AM »

When I bought my truck, the dealership gave me two gas vouchers.  I didn't read the owners manual and my salesman went through everything but the gas door.  I sat at the pump for about 10 minutes trying to figure out how to open it.  So, don't worry you aren't the only one that had a hard time with it.  Also,  Welcome!

07 Avalanche LT2 Bermuda Blue 4x4, EDGE EVOLUTION, Gibson Side Swept Exhaust
Hugz
CAFCNA 2009 Supporting Member

Double Rainbow find me at the bottom of one!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 07/23/07 03:27 AM »

welcome to the  club..  Hope you enjoy you new avalanche

Hugz
ajk2000

Money's Not Worth Anything, Till You Spend It....

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 07/31/07 10:26 PM »

I too scratched my head on this one for a few...  if it wasnt for this forum and remembering everyone talking about locking caps i would of been pulling/pushing every leaver in the cab

2007 Summit White Z71(2wd), Ebony , Nav(cam) , Tint, Billet BowTies, 8000k HID Lows, Ambers, Headrest mod, Bed tent, Coastal tech GX320, Low Profile SteelSlide, LED Tails,  More Mods to come...
Tango Chaser

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 07/31/07 11:03 PM »

Welcome! to the club!
BowTieBob

Nothing but Chevys

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 08/20/07 02:50 PM »

My experience with the fuel door was pretty funny.  I bought my avalanche on a Tuesday night.  I discovered how the fuel door worked while cleaning the truck.  At the end of the week, I left to go on a fishing trip and since my brother's company pays for his gas, I let him drive.  I left my truck with my girlfriend and told her to put some miles on it so we could use it to tow my motorcycle trailer up to the mountains the following week.  Well, when it came time to put fuel in the truck, she couldn't figure out how to get the door open.  She looked through every page of the owners manual and couldn't find any mention of the fuel door.  She finally got in touch with me and I told her how to open it.  (She had figured it out by then) I also went through the owners manual, not believing it wasn't in there.  She was right.

07 Lanch.  LTZ   6 liter.  Bermuda Blue
bald1der

It's a CHEVY Mannn

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 08/20/07 03:16 PM »

Yes it is funny.  My truck was already filled up when I picked it up so I had a few head scratching head momments myself. banghead

07 LT/LT3on 20's, 2WD No Mods....YET....
lordvette

"Target Locked"

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 08/27/07 03:53 PM »

add me to the (Knuckle list) to Cheesy Cheesy
MightyMouse

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 09/04/07 09:03 AM »

Yup, I spent a few on that one, too.  Big laughter with tears

'07 Dark Blue Metallic LTZ 4X4, Custom dual exhaust, Injen PowerFlow CAI, Sunroof, Chrome door handles, grill, and mirrors, Ambers, Molded mud flaps, Color-matched GM bug deflector, DiabLEW Predator tune, Billet front & rear bowties, Chrome tailgate handle, Chrome side molding, 22x9.5 Liquid Metal Magma's wrapped in GY Fortera SL 305/40R22 rubber
chrisplm

Let the mods begin!

Awards
« Reply #11 on: 11/06/07 07:37 PM »

yeah, it took me a minute on my '08. . .

i've noticed on some new cars all doors need to be unlocked also.
danlwil
CAFCNA 2005 Supporting Member

Toys... can you ever have too many?

Awards
« Reply #12 on: 11/06/07 07:51 PM »

hehe...

took me a bit too...  banghead banghead

"7"  White Z71
"Her AV3 "07 LT3 Silver Birch Metallic
"AV 5" 05 Blk Onyx Z71 t  for 7
"AV 4" 04 DBM 2500 t for "AV5"
"Her AV2"03 Victory Red wbh t for Her AV3
"Her AV" 03 Summit White 1500 t for "her AV2"
"His AV"02 Indigo Blue 1500 t for AV4
Tweek

3rd AV 2011 LTZ > 2007 LT1 > 2005 Z71

Awards
« Reply #13 on: 02/25/08 10:11 AM »

Ya, i have to say i had same issue, the fuel door had an IQ of 5 and it was kicking my butt.   banghead

Stupidity is not a spectator sport, but it is sure fun to watch.
Rocky07

Best, Most AVersatile AVehicle on the Planet

Awards
« Reply #14 on: 02/25/08 03:26 PM »

Yep....I was a member of that same club too

I need a hug

'07 LTZ Avalanche-"Rocky II"
'02 Z71 Avalanche-"Rocky I"
'64 1/2 Mustang Rag-top
'66 Mustang Coupe
'68 Mustang Coupe (under restoration)
'80 John Deere 2040
ltxi
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

...tree art...

Awards
« Reply #15 on: 02/29/08 06:07 PM »

Yep....I was a member of that same club too

I need a hug

I would have been if I hadn't read this thread before I bought.........

2008 Z71 Avalanche LT3 4x4 4:10 Ebony/Black - Nelson tuned
Ace13

Awards
« Reply #16 on: 04/02/08 11:42 AM »

LMAO!   Big laughter with tears   this thread makes me feel so much better.  I bought my '07 Av a couple weeks ago, and my first trip to the gas station, I spent about 15 minutes reading the manual trying to find the lever.  I was getting PISSED!  Don't know what made me think to try pushing on the door flap to open it, but when I finally figured it out I felt stupid.

2007 Avalanche LT-1LT, 4x4, Silver Birch Metallic
AVnFun

find me on Face Book (wayne deck)

Awards
« Reply #17 on: 04/02/08 11:55 AM »

You all are funny  Big laughter with tears Big laughter with tears

shandar
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

I Love my Avalanche :)

Awards
« Reply #18 on: 04/02/08 12:00 PM »

Welcome! Rmeyer and Ace 13 to the club

2005 Bermuda Blue LT 1500  2WD 4:10S (has Amber's & a  K&N; drop in filter, and Tornado, Extreme Sail panel LED:"s, white/Green ghost led's
Firehunter

Jungle Friend I am

WWW Awards
« Reply #19 on: 04/03/08 09:37 AM »

err. . .um. . .yeah I did the same thing a year ago when I got it.  Embarrassed

'07 SOM LT3 -- Ambers, Volant CAI, Gibson 3" Split Side Dual Exhaust, GM Molded Splash Guards Front & Rear

Come with me my Jungle Friends
dtu

Awards
« Reply #20 on: 04/03/08 01:26 PM »

LMAO!   Big laughter with tears   this thread makes me feel so much better.  I bought my '07 Av a couple weeks ago, and my first trip to the gas station, I spent about 15 minutes reading the manual trying to find the lever.  I was getting PISSED!  Don't know what made me think to try pushing on the door flap to open it, but when I finally figured it out I felt stupid.

hello all,

First let me say that I really enjoy reading these forums. Alot of smart people with great ideas and input.

I just bought a used 07 LTZ with 24,000 on it. I went to the gas station and also spent a good 15 mins looking for the release handle.. I finally gave up, drove home and continued the search for another 15 min. Needless to say I figured it out.. I havent told anyone about this incident.. please keep it to yourselves. Smiley

Any way.. great forums for an Avy owner!
« Last Edit: 07/23/08 07:32 PM by dtu » Logged

2007 Black LTZ, black Powdercoated Bowties,
MightyMouse

Awards
« Reply #21 on: 04/03/08 01:30 PM »

Welcome! dtu!
It feels good to know you have company on this, doesn't it 

'07 Dark Blue Metallic LTZ 4X4, Custom dual exhaust, Injen PowerFlow CAI, Sunroof, Chrome door handles, grill, and mirrors, Ambers, Molded mud flaps, Color-matched GM bug deflector, DiabLEW Predator tune, Billet front & rear bowties, Chrome tailgate handle, Chrome side molding, 22x9.5 Liquid Metal Magma's wrapped in GY Fortera SL 305/40R22 rubber
Rocky07

Best, Most AVersatile AVehicle on the Planet

Awards
« Reply #22 on: 04/03/08 03:25 PM »

hello all,

First let me say that I really enjoy reading these forums. Alot of smart people with great ideas and input.

I just bought a used 07 LTZ with 25,000 on it. I went to the gas station and also spent a good 15 mins looking for the release handle.. I finally gave up, drove home and continued the search for another 15 min. Needless to say I figured it out.. I havent told anyone about this incident.. please keep it to yourselves. Smiley

Any way.. great forums for an Avy owner!

First of all.... Welcome! dtu.  And you can be assured that no one on this board is going to say a thing Thumbs up!

'07 LTZ Avalanche-"Rocky II"
'02 Z71 Avalanche-"Rocky I"
'64 1/2 Mustang Rag-top
'66 Mustang Coupe
'68 Mustang Coupe (under restoration)
'80 John Deere 2040
GulfstreamV

Do it Right the First Time or Don't Do it At All.

Awards
« Reply #23 on: 04/25/08 11:06 AM »

Welcome! to all the new guys (like myself)  Yes, I took a super loaded LTZ out for a test spin a month ago while looking to order my AV.  When I returned I was asking the dealer a bunch of questions while exiting the driver door.  Started looking for the gas release button and banging my head around.  Dealer slowly walked up by the gas door and asked what I was doing.  I told him, he chuckled, pushed in on the fuel door and it popped open.  He said "Don't worry about it, it happens to everyone ."  I felt like a dope, but at least that tidbit of info absorbed into the old noggin. 

Now I'll wait to see if my wife tries to fuel the new ride...bet she gives up before exiting the vehicle.   Beating  (If she finds out I said that I'm getting the Evil Eye" quickly followed by the "Smack Down."   
chevydan

Hood Sunrise

Awards
« Reply #24 on: 04/25/08 02:11 PM »

How does the Fuel Door Open Huh  Yes the head scratch was here as well! 

My 7 yr old Grandson said try pushing it, didn't want to believe it was that simple so he pushed it for me!  LOL

Guess he is going to be a GM engineer when he grows up!

Welcome to all the new folks!

2011 Escalade ESV Premium, Black Raven

Traded AVs: 2003 Onyx Z71, 2004 Onyx Z71, 2008 Onyx
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: