• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

FUEL DOOR RELEASE

rmeyer24

Just purchased 07 Avalanche 4x4 used Southern confort conversion. Without owners manual,I'm having trouble finding fuel door release. Many bell & whistles to learn on this machine. This should be a simple answer.
                thanks

So simple .. you will be embarrassed.

Push the right side and it will pop open.  It's not locked ... it has a spring loaded push pin ...  kinda like a stereo rack enclosure.  I must be old!!!!

When I bought my truck, the dealership gave me two gas vouchers.  I didn't read the owners manual and my salesman went through everything but the gas door.  I sat at the pump for about 10 minutes trying to figure out how to open it.  So, don't worry you aren't the only one that had a hard time with it.  Also,  :welcome:

welcome to the  club..  Hope you enjoy you new avalanche

Hugz

I too scratched my head on this one for a few...  if it wasnt for this forum and remembering everyone talking about locking caps i would of been pulling/pushing every leaver in the cab

My experience with the fuel door was pretty funny. I bought my avalanche on a Tuesday night. I discovered how the fuel door worked while cleaning the truck. At the end of the week, I left to go on a fishing trip and since my brother's company pays for his gas, I let him drive. I left my truck with my girlfriend and told her to put some miles on it so we could use it to tow my motorcycle trailer up to the mountains the following week. Well, when it came time to put fuel in the truck, she couldn't figure out how to get the door open. She looked through every page of the owners manual and couldn't find any mention of the fuel door. She finally got in touch with me and I told her how to open it. (She had figured it out by then) I also went through the owners manual, not believing it wasn't in there. She was right.

Yes it is funny.  My truck was already filled up when I picked it up so I had a few head scratching head momments myself. :E:

yeah, it took me a minute on my '08. . .

i've noticed on some new cars all doors need to be unlocked also.

Rocky07 said:
Yep....I was a member of that same club too

:needhug:

I would have been if I hadn't read this thread before I bought.........

LMAO!  :laugh:  this thread makes me feel so much better.  I bought my '07 Av a couple weeks ago, and my first trip to the gas station, I spent about 15 minutes reading the manual trying to find the lever.  I was getting PISSED!  Don't know what made me think to try pushing on the door flap to open it, but when I finally figured it out I felt stupid.

Ace13 said:
LMAO!   :laugh:   this thread makes me feel so much better.  I bought my '07 Av a couple weeks ago, and my first trip to the gas station, I spent about 15 minutes reading the manual trying to find the lever.  I was getting PISSED!  Don't know what made me think to try pushing on the door flap to open it, but when I finally figured it out I felt stupid.

hello all,

First let me say that I really enjoy reading these forums. Alot of smart people with great ideas and input.

I just bought a used 07 LTZ with 24,000 on it. I went to the gas station and also spent a good 15 mins looking for the release handle.. I finally gave up, drove home and continued the search for another 15 min. Needless to say I figured it out.. I havent told anyone about this incident.. please keep it to yourselves. :)

Any way.. great forums for an Avy owner!

dtu said:
hello all,

First let me say that I really enjoy reading these forums. Alot of smart people with great ideas and input.

I just bought a used 07 LTZ with 25,000 on it. I went to the gas station and also spent a good 15 mins looking for the release handle.. I finally gave up, drove home and continued the search for another 15 min. Needless to say I figured it out.. I havent told anyone about this incident.. please keep it to yourselves. :)

Any way.. great forums for an Avy owner!

First of all.... :welcome: dtu.  And you can be assured that no one on this board is going to say a thing (y)

:welcome: to all the new guys (like myself)  Yes, I took a super loaded LTZ out for a test spin a month ago while looking to order my AV.  When I returned I was asking the dealer a bunch of questions while exiting the driver door.  Started looking for the gas release button and banging my head around.  Dealer slowly walked up by the gas door and asked what I was doing.  I told him, he chuckled, pushed in on the fuel door and it popped open.  He said "Don't worry about it, it happens to everyone ."  I felt like a dope, but at least that tidbit of info absorbed into the old noggin. 

Now I'll wait to see if my wife tries to fuel the new ride...bet she gives up before exiting the vehicle.  :beating:  (If she finds out I said that I'm getting the Evil Eye" quickly followed by the "Smack Down."  >:D

How does the Fuel Door Open ???  Yes the head scratch was here as well! 

My 7 yr old Grandson said try pushing it, didn't want to believe it was that simple so he pushed it for me!  LOL

Guess he is going to be a GM engineer when he grows up!

Welcome to all the new folks!

Back