• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

4-wheelin on mt. antero colorado

goatboy

here's a shot from the top at mt. antero, we are at about 14,000 ft or so, kinda rough up there lost my valance panel and beny my wire hookup for my hitch, but had a hell of a time ! :B: will have some more photos later.
goatboy

Attachments

• trkantero.jpg
    trkantero.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 336
heres a shot from a mine site, really cool place, then the trail to the mine site

Attachments

• trail1.jpg
    trail1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 320
  • trail2.jpg
    trail2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 321
more shots from the trails

Attachments

• tincup1.JPG
    tincup1.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 314
  • tincup2.JPG
    tincup2.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 313
yet more pics

Attachments

• trail3.JPG
    trail3.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 313
  • trail4.JPG
    trail4.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 315
tons of fun to be had on mt antero

Attachments

• trail7.JPG
    trail7.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 312
I was actually wheeling briefly in that same area on Tincup Pass that same weekend and had considered Mt. Antero.  I didn't do a whole lot of the pass because I didn't have time (would've loved to though), but I had to keep moving on to Gunnison. 

Those are some awesome pics, and the first true four-wheeling pictures I've seen out of an '07 Av.  To be honest, I think your truck looks better and more fit for off-roading without the valence panel!  Is there a story behind picture 3? 

Is there a story behind picture 3?

story? the 3rd picture ? not really just a tight corner with a dropoff that made my truck teeter on 2 wheels! no story just scared my kids but oh well, it was fun

actually here's the exact moment i lost my valance, look behind the truck on the rocks, there it is, lost it on a rock just out of the shot a few feet, i got out to take a shot of it in the water and saw the valance or i may have not known it was off!

Attachments

• watertruck.JPG
    watertruck.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 296
goatboy said:
yet more pics
Well folks, here you can see the ever popular avalanche sporting its safety-orange jumpsuit.  In the next pic, you'll notice it's wearing our new camo attire.  Haha!  Now you see it, now you don't.

sweet dude I ran slaughter house last night at about 9:30 in the darkjust to see if I could first time on the trail and had another guy with me in a jeep had a blast!!! but didn't get to take any pics since it was dark I had pulled either back tire off the ground twice I need todo a sway bar disconnect

Need4Speed said:
Are those rims from a caddy?

That's what I was thinking.

(y)

Back