• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Stuck in Cheyenne without a Transmission...

amd1900mp

Silent Avalanche RIP
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
That's right, rolling along at 75 mph yesterday and she dropped.
Pictures and update when the dealer opens Monday and I can use the laptop.

Untill then, we're stuck...

Sorry to hear we weren't the only casulties on the way home.  My Av is at the dealer in Douglas. 

Nicole's uncle lives in Cheyenne... he came up and got us in his Chevy truck and took us down where a friend of mine picked us up at the Budweiser plant and got us the rest of the way to Denver.

Todd - I've tried texting you and calling you - don't they have a cell tower there?
Let me know what I can do to help!

Nick

amd1900mp said:
That's right, rolling along at 75 mph yesterday and she dropped.
Pictures and update when the dealer opens Monday and I can use the laptop.

Untill then, we're stuck...

That sucks  (n)

POS GM tranny's  :mad:

Mine went out Thursday here at home after having a water pump installed on Wednesday!  :E:

Oh man that does suck, for those who don't know the country we drove in was very hilly and had many mountains and it takes a toll on the truck :(

Todd I hope that you get it fixed and that you get home ok.

Sorry to hear that.  The 4L60E is a major weak link in the AV.  I still have to look over my logs and tune to figure out what my torque converter was up to descending those steep hills in 3rd on Friday.  Had me scared there for a while.  But we made it home OK today.

Hopefully you are back on the road soon.

Todd, sorry to hear that.  Hopefully if you mention what you were there for they will get you moved to the top of the list for tranny repairs.  If they make you wait to long let us know and we can start an email campaign asking for quicker service.

In the mean time, take a break, you deserve it.

Michael

That sucks!  We were on vacation this weekend when the transmission suddenly slipped and the engine red-lined.  It took several hours but we managed to limp home in second gear at 50 km/h.  I hope that your results are better than ours; they do not expect to even look at ours for over a week.  I need our vehicle in a worst way next weekend, for a camping trip I arrange for 50+ people twice per year and have no other way to get equipment and food out there.

I know a lot of you are concerned for Todd. I just spoke to him on the phone and the good news is that parts should be there tomorrow and he'll hopefully be on the road the same day.

We all know what a pain something like this is and he and his family are hanging in there, but please, take a moment now to send good thoughts his way.....

Todd... we are with you in spirit.

-Ed

teksavy said:
I know a lot of you are concerned for Todd. I just spoke to him on the phone and the good news is that parts should be there tomorrow and he'll hopefully be on the road the same day.

We all know what a pain something like this is and he and his family are hanging in there, but please, take a moment now to send good thoughts his way.....

Todd... we are with you in spirit.

-Ed

Thanks for the post Ed..

Here are a few pictures to make you go humm...

Todd

Attachments

• IMAGE_00351.jpg
    IMAGE_00351.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 198
  • IMAGE_00352.jpg
    IMAGE_00352.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 196
  • IMAGE_00353.jpg
    IMAGE_00353.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 195
  • IMAGE_00354.jpg
    IMAGE_00354.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 197
Thanks for the nice thoughts everyone..

Todd, Darla & TJ

Hmmm - Looks to me like your kanuter valve is hanging out... :laugh:

Glad to hear it's working out - still can't seem to make phone contact.

Am I seeing right?  Driveshaft shattered the tailshaft?

DougD said:
Am I seeing right?? Driveshaft shattered the tailshaft?

I will have the proper wording and official diagnosis tomorrow when I visit the dealer..

Todd

Back