• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Mud Flaps

poconopaul

Do they make mud flaps for my 07 AV went through a mud puddle at slow speed  NG still got mud on both the front and back  Does Chev have custom flaps  Thanks Paul

There are a few options out there just google mud flaps for the 07, here is the link to the GM site for there accessories they carry molded and contour style.

http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/

I was able to get Husky's for my 07 locally at a pickup/SUV specialty shop.  Chevy lists them at the accessories website but the local dealers gave me the run-around (probably more ignorance than bad intent) so I went with the 'guy down the street'.  He ended up getting the business for my new exhaust and springs (those mud flaps ended up being the best $40 sale he ever made).

FYI - when I was searching for aftermarket on the web, it seemed like more vendors called them "splash guards" rather than "mud flaps".

poconopaul said:
Do they make mud flaps for my 07 AV went through a mud puddle at slow speed? NG still got mud on both the front and back? Does Chev have custom flaps? Thanks Paul

If you have a Z71 none of them will fit.  Husky is working on some ........  :rolleyes:

rch07av said:
If you have a Z71 none of them will fit. Husky is working on some ........ :rolleyes:

Not true, GM does offer a rear flap for the Z71.

GM part numbers for '07+ accessory flaps:

Front Set, Black
Non-Z71, with Production Running Boards  17802161
Non-Z71, without Running Boards  17802156 (may be 58, picture is hard to read)

Rear Set, Chevy Bowtie Logo, Black
Non-Z71  12499846
Z71 Only  19154416

After a month, my new '07 LT3 was getting paint chipped off behind the wheels. I bought and installed the GM splash guards. I just picked them up from a local Chevy dealer. they work great and look good. The only difficult part of the install is removing the 20" wheels and tires. They are VERY heavy!

I think your best bet is to get the molded ones from GM.   They are molded and cut to fit around your factory running boards in the front, and nicely molded in the back.   Mine are black with a black bowtie and look sharp.   I have not seen any others that compare in quality and looks.

whisky said:
I think your best bet is to get the molded ones from GM. ? They are molded and cut to fit around your factory running boards in the front, and nicely molded in the back. ? Mine are black with a black bowtie and look sharp. ? I have not seen any others that compare in quality and looks.

I don't even have an 07, but ........................? :nopics:

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Sgt8665? :B:

I have the Chevy splash guards.   Installed last week because of rock chips.   Have 20" tires and did not remove.   Used a 1/4 ratchet to remove & install hex head screws. Battery drill with long bit on Phillips head screws.   Turned wheels on front tires to get to screws.   $40. 00 plus tax at Chevy dealer for front and another $40 for back.

rch07av said:
I had my dealers parts dept. manager run that part number and it came back as not available. :beating:

Gee, GM produced accessory catalog disagreeing with GM controlled technology, who woulda thunk it? :)

Blazer said:
After a month, my new '07 LT3 was getting paint chipped off behind the wheels. I bought and installed the GM splash guards. I just picked them up from a local Chevy dealer. they work great and look good. The only difficult part of the install is removing the 20" wheels and tires. They are VERY heavy!
My wife bought them for me last October, but I finally got around to putting them on this past weekend.? Too bad too.? The rock chips really added up, and maybe 75% are on the areas that are now underneath the spash guard / mudflaps!? They look great installed, which surprised me.? That's the main reason I just got around to putting them on- I was afraid of what the Av would look like with them on it.

I was a bit surprised at the ~1/4" gap around the sides of the running boards though.? The mudflaps fit snuggly against the sheet metal, but not so much at that spot.? :p

I also pulled my tires to install them.? It was just easier to get to the screws (did the turn-the-tires thing on the first trailblazer and the Silverado, and both left me with scraped knuckles).? And the 20" tires really ARE heavy.? I may've had scratched knuckles anyway, but I'd just had the tires rotated, and wanted to make sure that the lug nuts were torqued to spec (I don't trust the shops any more for that kind of thing).? I also took advantage of the situation and cleaned the backside of the wheels.

I don't think GM has a clue about the Z71 splash guards. I can never find anyone at GM that can give me a straight answer.  They always tell me to check with the dealer.  The dealer can never get me an answer and tell me to check with GM.  Round and Round ... makes me dizzy thinking about it!!!  :needhug:

Splash Guards - Molded
These custom-molded splash guards fit directly behind your wheels and provide superior protection from tire splash and mud. Sold as a set of two. Rear guards feature the Chevrolet bowtie logo. Front guards not compatible with Articulating Running Boards.

Rear Set, Bowtie Logo, Z71 Only, Black 19154416 $0.00
      Rear, Bowtie Logo, Black, With Flares 12499848 N/A
      Front Set, For Use on Non Z71 and Non Denali vehicles, with Production Running Boards (BVE), Black 17802161 $40.00
      Front Set, Z71 Only, Black 19154405 $0.00
      Rear Set, Bowtie Logo, For Use on Non Z71 vehicles, Black 12499846 $40.00
      Front Set, For Use on Non Z71 and Non Denali vehicles, w/o Running Boards, Black 17802158 $40.00

Required and optional accessory equipment may vary depending on your vehicle. Prices shown are suggested manufacturer's retail price, not including applicable vehicle calibration, balancing, installation or taxes. Dealer final prices may vary. See your dealer for details.

rch07av said:
I don't think GM has a clue about the Z71 splash guards. I can never find anyone at GM that can give me a straight answer. They always tell me to check with the dealer. The dealer can never get me an answer and tell me to check with GM. Round and Round ... makes me dizzy thinking about it!!! :needhug:

Splash Guards - Molded
These custom-molded splash guards fit directly behind your wheels and provide superior protection from tire splash and mud. Sold as a set of two. Rear guards feature the Chevrolet bowtie logo. Front guards not compatible with Articulating Running Boards.

Rear Set, Bowtie Logo, Z71 Only, Black 19154416 $0.00
Rear, Bowtie Logo, Black, With Flares 12499848 N/A
Front Set, For Use on Non Z71 and Non Denali vehicles, with Production Running Boards (BVE), Black 17802161 $40.00
Front Set, Z71 Only, Black 19154405 $0.00
Rear Set, Bowtie Logo, For Use on Non Z71 vehicles, Black 12499846 $40.00
Front Set, For Use on Non Z71 and Non Denali vehicles, w/o Running Boards, Black 17802158 $40.00

Required and optional accessory equipment may vary depending on your vehicle. Prices shown are suggested manufacturer's retail price, not including applicable vehicle calibration, balancing, installation or taxes. Dealer final prices may vary. See your dealer for details.

Didn't I already post those further up? :)

Here is a pic of the GM molded ones...

Attachments

• splash guard.jpg
    splash guard.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 1,628
No kidding about GM not having a clue.  Going by the GM Accessories site, there are molded mudflaps available for both the front and rear of my wife's new 2007 Trailblazer LT.  But reading posts on other sites, it appears that I may find out that the rears won't work on the 'LT' trim, only on the 'LS' (looks like all pre-2005 Trailblazers).  And yet another GM site lists a caveat that the REARS-only will fit Trailblazers with the factory running boards.  I already know this is false, assuming that the front fenders are still the same as they were in 2003 (same statement was on the site when I bought the mudflaps pictured on the 2003 in my album, WITH the factory steps!).

This, combined with the existence of like 40 separate part numbers, makes it a bit challenging to go in and order what you want / need without seeing the actual parts in front of you at the dealership.  At least we got the local parts department to agree to a full refund if the ones my wife ordered don't fit (same exact style I had on the 03, including the white bowtie- wish the bowtie would've been white on my Av, but all they have, that I know about anyway, is the black as pictured in Freebie's post).

I've been thinking about buying a Summit White touch-up pen from the parts department and trying that.  But I don't know if I can bring myself to leave the Av parked long enough for it to dry! >:D

Here is what mine turned out like.  I wanted Chevy bowtie yellow but the store would not let me test the color so I just used silver to somewhat match the AV.  I used bumper paint so it would be pliable. (first photo post so be gentle)

Attachments

• Flaps and Paint.jpg
    Flaps and Paint.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,524
  • RearFlaps Both.jpg
    RearFlaps Both.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,524
Yeah.? I have heard it called the Pepsi can resonator.? I cut out the stock and replaced it with the FM and left everything else in place.? I think it is a good thing since I do get some resonating in V4 mode.

Nice pics SilverGhost.  Guess this means I could be pulling mine back off long enough to paint them again, but only if I can find the bowtie yellow color in the right type of paint.  Which prompts my next question- what's bumper paint, and where'd you get it?

Back