• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

BACK SEAT PASSENGER SIDE PROBLEM

trump__taj

2003 1500 Rear back seat passenger side, upright back support portion won't go down. Is there a "latch"? I thought the thing was just supposed to pull out from the midgate area.

did you fold down the seat bottom first ???

cadboy1 said:
did you fold down the seat bottom first ???

Yep. The back support portion seems solid in place. The "dealer" recently did the recall work on the seat belts (without my permission). I just discovered the thing frozen in place, this morning.

When the bottom fold down it should release the rear cushion. Follow the cable to see if it still connected. Maybe it needs to be adjusted.

This is what the thing looks like RE-ATTACHED.

cadboy1 said:
When the bottom fold down it should release the rear cushion. Follow the cable to see if it still connected. Maybe it needs to be adjusted.

You must be a mechanic, if not you certainly qualify. THE CABLE WAS DISCONNECTED. You are correct. That's how the thing works. THANKYOU. I'll see, if there is a way to re-attach it. Anyway, you have provided me with what I need. THANKYOU.

Attachments

• DSC03403.JPG
    DSC03403.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 40
Usually if you bring your truck to the dealership for work, you leave with more problems than you went in with. They probably did it when they did the seatbelt work :mad: Hopefully you can get it re connected so the dealer does not waste anymore of your time ?:love:

Back