Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
10/25/14 05:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DIC battery not charging  (Read 6645 times)
John4x4

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« on: 08/14/07 08:13 AM »

I'm getting a DIC message that says "battery not charging".   It comes on intermittently and then goes away.   I don't seem to lose power or have any other associated problems.   anyone know what could be causing this?
bandt0913

yummmm

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 08/14/07 08:28 AM »

is this only when vehicle is running, or have you seen it during idling or on position? might wat to get alternator checked..

I'm guessing you mean that the ball mount is stuck inside the receiver?
Your description is rather lacking.
If my guess is right, soak the receiver tube from both ends with something like PB Blaster or other penetrating lube, and hammer at the ball mount SIDEWAYS a bit, not foreward and aft, break the grip of the rust.
bandt0913

yummmm

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 08/14/07 08:29 AM »

and btw, what year?

If my guess is right, soak the receiver tube from both ends with something like PB Blaster or other penetrating lube, and hammer at the ball mount SIDEWAYS a bit, not foreward and aft, break the grip of the rust.
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 08/14/07 09:06 AM »

bandt0913 is correct sounds like alt is not charging the battery. Also check connections on the alt and battery

BTW Welcome! to the club

2003 2500
John4x4

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 08/14/07 10:47 AM »

It's a 2003 1500 w/ 51K miles.   Seems too soon for the alt.  but who knows.   It doesn't come on when ideling - seems to come on most after I've driven about an hour it hot weather with the A/C and radio on.   The batt.  connections are good and the batt seems OK.
bandt0913

yummmm

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 08/14/07 10:51 AM »

Welcome! btw!
Might want to run it by local parts store and let them check the alt and batt. I had a alt go out on my silverado at 34k miles. Hope everything checks out okay for you, but you find the problem in the meantime! GOOD LUCK!

WILDFIRE
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 08/14/07 03:53 PM »

Welcome! btw!
Might want to run it by local parts store and let them check the alt and batt. I had a alt go out on my silverado at 34k miles. Hope everything checks out okay for you, but you find the problem in the meantime! GOOD LUCK!
that would be my suggestion, also check the cable to see if any acid is leaking down them

sittin by the phone, waitin for the lord to send my calling
Question~ What are you doing in my house? Answer~ Bleeding out
bandt0913

yummmm

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 08/15/07 06:05 AM »

any luck yet Huh

ZPO

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 08/15/07 04:00 PM »

Quote from: WILDFIRE link=topic=86789.  msg1356131#msg1356131 date=1187132021
that would be my suggestion, also check the cable to see if any acid is leaking down them

Be sure to check the block/frame side of the ground cable.    You can get plenty of crud down there that you could miss by only checking the battery side of the connections.  

Yes - that one has bit me before.
MS03 2500

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 08/15/07 07:46 PM »

Another very good suggestion. ZPO

2003 2500
Bass Ackwards

IN TRAINING!

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 08/18/07 05:06 PM »

Never count out the alternator.  Seeing as how they have electrical parts exposed, somewhat, to the elements they can go out at anytime.  In my 1990 Sierra I wqent through three in less than 5 years.

banghead

2006 LS in Silver Birch Metallic Z71, Power Sunroof, 6CD Bose XM Sound System, Nerf Bars, Ipod Adapter, Billet Fuel Door, Off Road Pedals, US Speedo Stainless Steel/blue cluster face and chrome bezel rings, dual scoop induction hood

Modding in moderation?   NEVER!
Frey

Awards
« Reply #11 on: 02/24/12 02:16 PM »

hi

I am from Belgium and I also have a chevy avalanche 2003 5.3l z71 and I have the same problem the message "battery not charging" lights I ve replaced the alternator, battery the problem remains

So in your case what was the problem?

Thanks
MS03 2500

Awards
« Reply #12 on: 02/24/12 07:15 PM »

Check your battery cables at both ends.

2003 2500
ohiobellboy
CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member

2 Eagles

Awards
« Reply #13 on: 02/24/12 07:18 PM »

also check the return wire from the alternator to the red junction box. Don't ask me how I know  banghead

Avy #1 - '04 Z71 Cladded (dark blue metallic) Purchased 9/07 with way too many mods to list. Current mileage 169,*** Nice weather only now.
Avy #2 - '05 Z71 WBH (Bermuda Blue) Twiggy purchased 11/11 Current mileage 151,*** Now used as my winter beater
Avy #3 - '05 Z71 Cladded (Bermuda Blue) Purchased 9/12 as a daily driver for Twiggy. A few mods. Current mileage is 142,***
Other Summer toy - 2011 FLTRUSE (Slate/Black) also called a CVO Road Glide Ultra (Only made one year) Lots of fun on two wheels!
yates3

Awards
« Reply #14 on: 12/09/13 02:08 PM »

I just replaced my alternator and serpentine belt but there is a 175 amp fuse that can stop or hinder the 2007 avalanche from charging .
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: