• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Post Pictures Of What You Tow

MrBill

Charter Member
PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
As soon as I get my digital camera away from my business partner I will post my Av with my trailer. Let's see what the AV can tow.

I am to embarrased to post a pick of my "work in project" boat......It is just a fresh painted Boston Whaler hull.......It was free though....The darn thing is so small I can't see it in any mirror on the truck!

Here's my Avy and my Super Air Nautique!

That's my golden, Chewy, by the boat. I don't actually tow him, he rides up front with me...

Chad

I haven't towed my motorcycle trailer with my Avalanche yet, but soon I hope. ?The 2500 might be a bit more truck than needed for this trailer, but what the heck. ?You can never have too much power, can you?

url]

man that is some motorcycle trailer bud - dual axle can only mean one brand (or other copycat versions from other companies) - unless of course you are towing three sportbikes in there, with tools and extra tires . . . ;)

(I could live in that trailer, actually, sleeping next to my bike would be preferable on some nights when I get it really wrong)

So far, to much rain to hook boat up this year. :(

Here's a picture from last year just before it went into river for the season. ?:)

Will get one and post with Av when I put it in this year.

Excellent looking Boat. I like how level you sub and trailer are when towing

You will love the power of the 2500 when towing that boat.

Let us know how the Av towed.

MrBill said:
Excellent looking Boat. I like how level you sub and trailer are when towing

You will love the power of the 2500 when towing that boat.

Let us know how the Av towed.

I've had the boat behind the Av and it did great. A noticeable difference in power over the 454 in the Suburban. Heads would really turn when I pulled the boat out of the water with the Sub. We have a fairly steep ramp at the marine where I dock. I can hardly wait to idle it out of the water with the Avalanche. ;D

Will have to get pics soon, but towed my 23.5' Fishmaster Bay Boat (almost 4K pounds) for the first time this weekend. Needed to put a Flowmaster Series 40 muffler on so that I could quit looking down at the tach to see if the Av engine was still running. :D WAY TOO QUIET!!! :D Did not even know the boat was behind me. What a great weekend!!! :B:

Was able to put boat in water this week end.
Boy did the Av do a great job moving it around.
12,000#+

Attached a couple of pic's with the boat and Av hooked up.

Attachments

• boat-av.jpg
    boat-av.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 4,393
I guess I would be a little embarrassed to post pics of my little waverunner after seeing pics of these nice boats.... :B:

Hrm....posted this yesterday, but it seems to have disappeared. Anyway, attached is a picture of my Z71 pulling an 8x20 Wells Cargo with 4 ATVs inside. Fully loaded, with 4 people in the cab, we were about 12,000 lbs gross weight. The truck pulled pretty well, although I had to pull in 3rd most of the time, and hit 2nd on a couple of larger hills. 70mph in 2nd = 5100 rpm. Even pulling that much, I averaged about 9.6mpg for the weekend. Next step to pull the trailer easier is a 2500 Av >:D

[attachment deleted by admin larger then 100KB]

Nice looking rig.

The 2500 would be a big help if you are going to be towing very much.

Hey guys can my Avalanche tow this? It is a 25 ft. boat.The boat minus trailer and all gear weighs 4850 lbs. I have an standard 1500 4X4 Av... It is under the recommended towing capacity, but, I'm concerened with towing something that dwarves the truck....
bayliner.jpg

AlaskaAV said:
Hey guys can my Avalanche tow this? It is a 25 ft. boat.The boat minus trailer and all gear weighs 4850 lbs. I have an standard 1500 4X4 Av... It is under the recommended towing capacity, but, I'm concerened with towing something that dwarves the truck....
bayliner.jpg

How far and over what kind of terain do you plan to tow?
If over long distances and lots of hills (mountains) you may be pressing it a bit with your 1500. If you are just doing local hauling you should not have any problems.
I move my boat around (in/out of storage, to work yard, to marina etc.) it is 35'3" long plus about an extra 5' of trailer tongue, and 11'5" wide, 12000#+ with my 2500.

Hook it up Alaska. I have been pulling a 4 horse trailer with 2 and 3 horses and no probs....Total weight approx. 5700 lbs....Have fun and dont worry....

;D Most trips will be 1-2 hours over generally flat curving roads, ocassionally longer trips through mountains. I have yet to purchase this boat, it is about 300 miles away, on some occasionally fairly steep grades, I will definatly test the towing when I go pick it up. Would it be benefical to purchase a weight distributing hitch with sway control?

Time to make the Avalanche earn its pay
pubimage.asp

[attachment deleted by admin larger then 100KB]

I do not know about you all but the best thing I have towed is a ford and a dodge out of the sand here in El Paso TX. I was called by a friend at work last saturday and he told me that his ford was high centered...LOL
another friend tryed to pull him out and dug a hole and he too could not get his dodge out.. So I went out and hooked up to the dodge and put the old AVA in 4 low went slow and pulled him out without even spinning a tire. went back to the HIGH CENTERED FORD,... Ya Right stuck like a mother..LOL and pulled him out also NO TROUBLE .. I have photos and I will post soon.. LOL It was a great day for the chevys......

By the way alot of joking has been going on...

Pete

LandHO said:
Time to make the Avalanche earn its pay.....

LandHO, How does your 2500 pull that trailer? I'll be looking to tug one very similar to that once I get an Av.

Think the 1500 could handle it?

Thanks!
-marc

marc_W:
The 2500 tows it really well. The trailer is 5500lbs empty. That is why I went with the 2500 (w/3.73). With all the toys, food, stuff, water, I would guess I add about another 1000-1500 pounds to the tow weight, plus travel trailers are like a cement block compared to a boat of the same weight. I had the 1/2 ton PU with the 5.3 engine and just wasn't happy with the reserve ooomph. If your trailer is around 5000lbs or more, I would go to the 3/4 truck. Stiffer spring, BIGGER brakes, etc. will give you a better safety cushion. Sorry about such a long response. When it comes to travel trailers, I see too many people buying the wrong size tow vehicle. >:D >:D

Back