• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Case number issues in less than 24 hours of ownership! IN SERVICE DATE

spaceguy

Wed night I got a new 07 Avalanche.   (Yea!)  (Black 4WD LTZ with the 6. 0 ltr engine)

Thursday I did the on star introduction and they transferred me to Chevy Customer service to answer some questions.   While talking to the lady, she told me my Avalanche has an in-service date of 28 Feb 07, not the 26 Sep 07 when I bought it.   It had 18 miles on it when I bought it, but a build date of Jan 07.   I was concerned and she opened a case file and gave me a file number.

Chevy has tried to contact the dealer but have not had calls returned.   I was called by Chevy on Sat afternoon with an update.   I have e-mailed my sales rep with the issue,  and I know he got the e-mail on Friday.  

I did buy an extended service contract and the dealer put down the in-service date and effective date on this contract is 26 Sep 07.   So I have proof I was not informed of a different warranty date when I purchased the vehicle.

Basically it appears I may be out 7 months of warranty and probably 7 months of an extended service contract, but to me the issue is an honesty and integrity one as well.

My Avalanche has paint scratches and other detail issues that the dealer did not fix prior to delivery.   They said bring it back and they will take care of it.   I feel like this is wasting my time when they should have had it right to begin with.

Any tips, advice or suggestions?  Anything I should ask for?

I plan to write a letter to the dealer today as my e-mail was not answered.

Thanks!

I would suggest going to the dealer and talk to the General Manager, not the service dept. or salesmen.  I had s similar problem with my Ford Diesel truck prior to my Av. purchase.  The Ford Gen. Manager took care of all the problems and also gave me some free accessories that they installed on my truck.
About all I can suggest.

sounds about the right thing to do .... not much else you can do now that you are past the 72 hour mark of where you could have returned the vehicle ....

Send VIN to avalanche fox and have her run it....

I know this is old, but this should have been a fraud case if the in-service date was before you bought it!  They sold you an essentially used car as new.  Some dealers put a car in service as a demonstrator then change their minds.  Either way, it was not a new car.

Back