• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Xm Radio

C

crash01

2003 i am looking to change the factory bose radio for a xm factory bose radio. do i have to change any of the wireing or change radio and add the xm antenna. please help

Check to see if your av has the xm antenna on the roof (it's mounted directly over where the passenger sits and does say xm on it). If you don't, I wouldn't mess with another blows radio. There are a multitude of aftermarket radios that will give you a lot more for the money. You will need a databus/Onstar interface with a door chime module and you can add a module that will allow you to use the steering wheel remotes with most aftermarket radios. Lastly, no matter what you decide to go with, you will still need to buy an outboard xm tuner and antenna if your rig came without. Hope this helps :D

Just purchased 03 AV with bose system. Had my alpine xm tuner transferd from my Tahoe and it doesn't sound as crisp. Could it have been wired incorrectly or is there only one way to wire it in???

steel24
They probably used an FM modulator to connect to the Bose since there are currently no direct plug in adapters available for the '03 Bose radio.

Back