• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Web Cam GTG???

2002AVA

I am in the process of researching a way to have a WebCam GTG. I am looking for a site that can handle an infinite number of users for a affordable price. I also should purchase a web cam soon. So please post your opinions on this for me, I really would like to try this out. It could be a new way to have GTG's during the winter.

Shane

we did it for the mcm dinner gtg... worked GREAT ! ....  we have a laptop w/ a wireless card then did up a quick yahoo account w/ like mcmgtg as the screen name.  then we set up yahoo's im service w/ the permissions set for ANYONE to view, (no permissions needed)... we had folks popping on all through the dinner to see what was going on... worked real well and best of all... it was FREE !  (y)

Yea, this has been done a few times and is always cool. One thing that we did years ago was broadcast Larry, "The Avalanche Singer" songs on FM and all Avalanche at the GTG Tuned to a FM station to hear the songs!

OK so lets use Yahoo for the service. Now lets work out a  day and time to do this thing. This could be a very huge deal. It would be nice to get a whole lot of Aver's involved. We could try this on a monthly basis even, especially thur the winter months when GTG's slow down.

Back