• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Oil Filter Poll

Which Oil Filter Do You Use

• Total voters

MooseAlanche

SM 2008
SM 2007
I now use the K&N Oil Filter. I used to use the Mobil-1 but decided on the K&N after I read some articles on them that showed good results. I also like the 1 inch nut on the filter end, that makes it easy to remove the filter.
I am not  :deadhorse:
I read this thread and saw that our member use many brands of filters, but I wanted to see the % break down.
???

Mobil-1 for me

I usually use the AC filter - they are rated as a pretty good filter. If they don't have the AC filter I usually go with a Purolator Pure One filter.

Purolator Pure-1 here in both my Av (Castrol GTX dino)  and GTO (Pennzoil Platinum full syn). I believe them to be as good as or better than the other premium filters for only a buck or two more than a cheapo filter.

Mobil-1 was all I ever used.  If you want overkill, look into a bypass filter, but again, it's overkill for a gas engine.

Mobil 1..Reasonable price, higher first pass efficiency than most others, synthetic fibers, heavy constructed case, gasket coated in Teflon, readily available  :love:

I use Amsoil filters. I've seen Fram, Purolator and AC Delco after they have been disassembled.
Fram for instance, uses cardboard inside their oil filters. The owners of Cummins diesels know that though....
Durwin

Whatever oil and filter my Dealer is putting in it. I usually do Jiffy Lube, but so far with this Av I've had a Dealer coupon when time to change.

still on stock filter but put on a filtermag the first week...
have a friend that used to work at napa...  good quality..  wix are highly recommended also..

Attachments

• fitermag.jpg
    fitermag.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 595
I have used Fram filters, but after reading this I am rethinking what I am going to use next. I think I will look into the Mobile 1, I also like the K&N Performance Gold filters. They have a nice nut fitting on the end to make removal a lot easier.

Attachments

• K&N Oil Filter.jpg
    K&N Oil Filter.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 641
If you love your Av and know what is inside a fram you would change your tone and your filter choice.? Do yourself a favor and cut one of those open and see whats inside , it won't be very dirty as they only trap paticles larger than 25 micron vs 5 to 7 in the Wix.? ? Napa Gold are made by Wix and are very good quality parts.  I would use a motorcraft (f##d) filter before a fram on anything I own.

I would like it if one jusgt one put the actual Filter performance numbers on the packaging so one could compare.....

The BETA ratio ...

Back