• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Need some help here!!!

02blueav

I have a 2002 Avalanche with approx 75,000
I just started to notice that the brakes were squealling and i figured it was time to replace them.
However when i am drivng and going around a left turn or curve in the road i get this sound from the right front wheel area.
It makes that rubbing sound like "wooop" "woop" "woop" "woop" and the when the truck straightens out the sound is gone.
Checked rubbing since i am running 20 inch tires did not see any sign of rubbing in the wheen wells.

Anyone have a clue on what i could be hearing and what it could cost me to get this noise fixed.

wheel hub?
Front CV joint..

have front end checked out

02blueav said:
I have a 2002 Avalanche with approx 75,000
I just started to notice that the brakes were squealling and i figured it was time to replace them.
However when i am drivng and going around a left turn or curve in the road i get this sound from the right front wheel area.
It makes that rubbing sound like "wooop" "woop" "woop" "woop" and the when the truck straightens out the sound is gone.
Checked rubbing since i am running 20 inch tires did not see any sign of rubbing in the wheen wells.

Anyone have a clue on what i could be hearing and what it could cost me to get this noise fixed.

does this occur when in 4x4 high?

Check to see if you have a tire rub on your inner fender.  If you have a different off-set than stock with those 20's, could be rubbing somewhere....maybe.  But too, could be a CV/hub....there goes that damn echo again!

Back