• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Coming to Omaha what 2 do if it rains?

YNOT

My family and a bunch of our friends and their kids are headed to Omaha today to go to the children's museum, zoo, and pumpkin patch. It looks like rain all weekend so any help as other things to do with a lot of people and a bunch of kids? My wife is heading up this morning and Ill be heading up this afternoon which is cool cuz I getta road trip in my AV

GandyQ

the rain is supposed to be spotty...If it's too bad you'll just have to bring it indoors...there an plane museum that's very interesting also,near Mahoney Park

Heading home to pack and clean the AV then stop by my local hunting store for some hip waders (hopefully with the blow up tube) and a small boat just in case  :laugh:

Then heading to the big O from KC

Got amber's on a lifted O3 black metallic Z71 with a induction hood and custom Gandy Z71 logo and the only candy red powder coated roof rack - you cant miss me

out

GandyQ

Wow, not much posting done in the Nebraska section.....so I guess I will add to this post because it is kind of related.  :cool:

This evening a tornado hit in the Kearney area, I hope everyone is OK.  News says not too much damage, but it is still early so I hope it doesn't change.  We planned to check out a museum in Kearney today but we took a wrong turn out of Omaha and ended up taking the long/slow way.  We were not gonna make the museum so we stopped short in Grand Island.....just when the lightning was getting close.  Within minutes of checking in to the hotel the tornado sirens sounded and we spent the next 90 minutes in the hallway.  OK, Kim and the baby stayed inside and I went out with the video camera.    When it settled down a bit I took Taylor (my 5 year old daughter) outside with me and showed her the clouds that were moving in different directions.  I never saw 3 levels of clouds move in 3 different directions before.  It was soooooo cool.

Tomorrow maybe we can chase some more storms.   

welcome to the "good life"...actually "corn life" it does get a lil bumpy around here.....Enjoy

Thanks.  I got a little more of a tease as we were getting close to Sidney.  Luckily we missed the tennis ball sized hail this afternoon near North Platte.  We probably passed that area about 90 minutes later.  My AV was very thankful for that.  But my thought was the new fiberglass hood with funtional hood scoop would have looked nice.

Back