Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
07/25/17 07:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fastest Avalanche list (track times)  (Read 108919 times)
DrX

Awards
« Reply #375 on: 07/10/17 04:54 pm »

Holy crap! TWIN blowers?
430CI ?

I agree that is one insane setup.

I want a durable setup that I can beat on once in a while without worrying if I am going to break it.

At this point my goal is 600 hp and I fully expect to have to swap out the whole drivetrain to accomplish this goal.
I am under the impression that 600hp with a 6.0 and magnuson style blower in a durable setup is doable. Since I am trying to build an offroad beast I don't need big "bug catcher" sticking out of the hood and hope to keep it reasonably sane.

As to your A/C goals the M2 should be able to help you with those goals...
I wasted about 30 hours tracking down a coolant leak and repairing it.. Hopefully I finally got it and can get back to working on the M2 drivers for our trucks.  That unit is fully programmable and has 6 12 volt i/o lines so you should be able to control whatever you need to.

I would go with a Magnacharger TVS 2300 on the 6.0 if aiming for 600HP without have to spin the blower so fast that it creates a ton of heat. Probably a mildly built 4L80E trans and beefier driveshaft. Get rid of the G80 locking diff if it has one and replace with a Truetrac.

Excited about the M2. I have designed and programmed some of my own controllers but have never touched an Arduino.

2004 Z71, Black, cladded, 2WD conversion, Twin Blown 429 LSX, 80E  with transbrake, B&M Megashifter, custom 14 bolt SF rear......<br />2014 Ram 2500, Cummins 6.7<br />2017 Camaro 2SS<br />Twins Vid
DrX

Awards
« Reply #376 on: 07/10/17 04:58 pm »

You still have one insane AV DrX

Definitely a beast.

2004 Z71, Black, cladded, 2WD conversion, Twin Blown 429 LSX, 80E  with transbrake, B&M Megashifter, custom 14 bolt SF rear......<br />2014 Ram 2500, Cummins 6.7<br />2017 Camaro 2SS<br />Twins Vid
redheadedrod
CAFCNA 2015 Premium Member

2003 Z71

Awards
« Reply #377 on: 07/11/17 06:53 am »

Might have to find out how you got that all running so I can see what such a setup might do in my old Caprice... That sucker currently runs 13.5's with stock motor, tune, freer exhaust and gears... (Shouldn't say currently because it is in storage with blown trans)

That motor is a stock LT1 but been trying to consider what crazy things I can do to it...

Is there room under the trucks hood for twin blowers or did you have to install a different hood? I watched the video you posted but it didn't show a front view with the hood closed.

As far as the M2, I have one sitting here right now with a bluetooth/wifi module on it.. With the Xbee adapter you can do those or even cellular if you wanted to use it for a security system or something. With the cellular option you could potentially take your truck to the track and track all of your ODBII information from your computer at home automatically in real time although with the sdcard you could just log the day on the module and download to a computer later etc..

Going out today to try finishing up some stuff on the truck and get it back together. Have a "hacking" event this Friday otherwise will be back to working on the M2 stuff next week. Looks like will be bigger job than I expected. May be building the original driver off a driver done for a college class... 

But back to that truck.. Thinking the only way it could get crazier is using more than one engine... How much HP does that sucker put out?

2003 Cladded Black Z71 - PC installed otherwise mostly stock.
4 Light Brake/Turnsignal
All on high and FTDRL (BCM friendly version)
DrX

Awards
« Reply #378 on: 07/11/17 11:04 am »

Is there room under the trucks hood for twin blowers or did you have to install a different hood? I watched the video you posted but it didn't show a front view with the hood closed.

But back to that truck.. Thinking the only way it could get crazier is using more than one engine... How much HP does that sucker put out?

Yes, custom hood. Too bad Photobucket decided to block all links and hold everyone's pics for ransom.  Theoretically, over 1000HP, but never dynoed with this setup. Everytime I have scheduled I lost the trans before the dyno date. Will try again once I finish the Dominator ECU install. I am not spinning the blowers as fast as I could....wanted to keep them in their more efficient RPM vs Boost range.

DrX

Awards
« Reply #379 on: 07/11/17 03:47 pm »

Yes, custom hood. Too bad Photobucket decided to block all links and hold everyone's pics for ransom.  Theoretically, over 1000HP, but never dynoed with this setup. Everytime I have scheduled I lost the trans before the dyno date. Will try again once I finish the Dominator ECU install. I am not spinning the blowers as fast as I could....wanted to keep them in their more efficient RPM vs Boost range.

I uploaded a couple pics of the hood here: http://torquerush.com/AvPics.html

redheadedrod
CAFCNA 2015 Premium Member

2003 Z71

Awards
« Reply #380 on: 07/12/17 08:12 am »

All I can say at this point is wow....

Very impressive.

2003 Cladded Black Z71 - PC installed otherwise mostly stock.
4 Light Brake/Turnsignal
All on high and FTDRL (BCM friendly version)
enoniam

Awards
« Reply #381 on: 07/17/17 05:59 am »

Somebody here may be interested in a blower off of an LSA engine and kit for putting on a cathedral port LS engine - $1250 on performancetrucks.net.  As noted in the add will need several more items to get this running on your engine but it might be for someone here...

https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-parts-classifieds-23/lsa-blower-truck-conversion-549673/

2003 with ATK 460 HP 6.0, JBA shorty headers, Flowmaster 50 muffler,Truetrak rear, 3200 Circle Stall, tranny upgraded with 4L65 and other heavy-duty parts, Weld Racing 18x10 forged wheels, HPTuners custom tune, Vortech supercharger yet to be installed on this crate engine.....
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #382 on: 07/17/17 06:52 pm »

That should be a pretty good upgrade for a AV or someone with a gen 2 EXT

2003 2500
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: