• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Need Help With Xm And Gps Antennas

Stevenjuke

I need some help here, whats the best location on the roof to mount a gps antenna and a xmradio attenta and whats the best way to route the wires inside the cab? Can anyone give me some hints or pics?

I did it centered on the back of the roof, above the third brake light. All of the molding and sill plates just pop right out. I went around the passenger side and through the golve box. I just follwed the third brake light cable and came right out it. Remove the plates and molding and look on the roof. You will see what I mean. I can not get PICs until tomorrow. But will post them then.

For mounting my sat antenna on the roof(rear center), I took the third brake light trim off, and ran the leads for my Sirius antenna into the cab through the same grommet that the brakelight wiring goes through. I also had to remove the interior trim to fish the wires around the rear window, down, and then ran them under the sill plates on the passenger side to my sat tuner under the front passenger seat. If you go this route, you'll need some foam adhesive trim mounting tape to remount the third brake light trim. Wasn't really that hard and resulted in a clean, protected wiring route. Good Luck !

Back