Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
10/20/14 02:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Factory cross rail removal  (Read 1029 times)
plutnicki

Avalanche power corrupts...

Awards
« on: 10/24/07 08:40 AM »

I'm picking up my new Avalanche tomorrow morning, my buddy also has an 07' and both of us have the factory cross rails installed.

What is not obvious to me, is how to take those rails off when you aren't using them.   I get how to slide them back and forth, but it almost appears that you have to unbolt the roof rack itself to slide the rails off.

Thanks in advance!

. . . Jim

2007 Dark Blue LTZ
Bedslider, Weathertech Floor Mats, Lund Bug deflector (painted to match), Harley Davidson Glasscape, Billet Grille shell, OEMDash.com interior wood upgrades.
(Outlaw intake, Westers PCM program, other goodies, yet to come...)
ygmn
Administrator

Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 10/24/07 08:41 AM »

need to take side rails off at one end and remove cap then slide them off

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!
DougD
CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member

So, didja?

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 10/24/07 08:43 AM »

Pick an end, front or rear, and remove the mount.  That allows the side rails to have an exposed end that you can slide the crossrails off from.  Then reattach end cap to side rail and reattach to roof.

2003 Victory Red WBH Z66.  Suburban moldings.  Color-matched handles.  K&N FIPK-II.  Dynomax Cat-Back.  DVD/TV & Vizualogics.  Ambers.  Silverstars Hi, Lo & Fog.  Police Pursuit wipers.  Dually rear clearance light (still in the box).
plutnicki

Avalanche power corrupts...

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 10/24/07 08:44 AM »

Wow.   That was fast.

. . . Jim

2007 Dark Blue LTZ
Bedslider, Weathertech Floor Mats, Lund Bug deflector (painted to match), Harley Davidson Glasscape, Billet Grille shell, OEMDash.com interior wood upgrades.
(Outlaw intake, Westers PCM program, other goodies, yet to come...)
ORANGE05
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

DALLAS STARS

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 10/24/07 08:44 AM »

plutnicki Welcome to the greatest club on the net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: