Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 04 avy problems/ fixes update-97k miles  (Read 8883 times)

The Rocks Lanche

• My truck wishes it were the Enzo !
04 avy problems/ fixes update-97k miles
« on: 10/31/07 06:52 AM »

1.Repaired popping noise from frame - 20k miles. tightened bolts or something with rust proofing between frame
2. Repaired steering clicking noise- 20k miles.. do not know fix
3. Replaced fuel pump- 50k miles.  Truck hard to start
4. Replaced Instrument panel 50k miles. Clicking and noises from panel
5. replaced auto climate control module head and also all 3 position sensors on vents - 60k miles.System would go from normal temp control to FULL HEAT for no reason. had to turn off truck and restart to make it fix itself. This was intermittent problem and hard to find and fix. But position sensors on vents lost their positions was the ultimate resolution.
6. squeeky steering column - 50k miles. lubricated
7. whirring noise getting louder from rear end. Carrier bearing bad.- 97k miles. Will replace all bearings in read end- big job
8. water/ antifreeze leaking from Freeze plug (pressed in plug) on front of block.97k miles. Not sure how they will fix
9. Water pump leaking- 97k miles. will replace.
10. clicking from bottom of steering column 97k miles. Something with air bag sensor position. not sure how they fix.
11. squeeky sterring column again 97k miles.. Lube
All these items are covered under the extended warranty. But wow this is a lot of problems for a truck ridden on the interstate 75% of time and taken immaculate care of. Probably in the order of $6000 worth of repairs on a 4 year old, 97k miles truck! The 850 buckeroos ext warranty paid off

I have GM employee discount and have just recently bought a  "foreign designed car" for the first time in 21 years. At some Point GM just needs to get their act together and design cars with quality in mind or they will end up like chrysler.

WILDFIRE

• CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member
  • I see...
Re: 04 avy problems/ fixes update-97k miles
« Reply #1 on: 10/31/07 02:00 PM »

you certainly got your moneys worth out of that warranty
sittin by the phone, waitin for the lord to send my calling
Question~ What are you doing in my house? Answer~ Bleeding out

ACiDrAgOn

• :P
« Reply #2 on: 02/04/08 09:14 PM »

hey that whirling noise you are talking about.,.. u said it was the carrier bearing?  Does the noise only show itself upon acceleration? or is it all the time?  I get my whirl noise on acel from 40-60mph

MEDICO

• CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member
  • Dad's Toy
« Reply #3 on: 04/12/08 08:07 AM »

Carrier bearings went out in mine at apx.70k My Ext. warrenty paid for it...Would have been in the 500.00 range
Noise was heard mainly during axcell., it would becomes less noticable when coasting
02 Z66 Pewter w/Cladding. Amber DRL's, K&N CAI, Cat Back Flowmaster Series 50 w/ stainless pipes, Hypertech program, Hi/Lo Piaa's, Billet Grill overlay, All 4 on w/DRL & Fogs, Enkei's Fender Flares, LOF,.All  All 4brake on, TOC, Tranny Servo, GATORBACKED, Cargo bed switch, TRAIN HORNS Strobes, Red Neon Glow., Crome Westin BullBar w/ Piaa 520's, SS Nerf bars.. More to follow

anglarry04

• No more Avalanche...traded for a '11 Traverse
« Reply #4 on: 07/20/08 05:37 PM »

i wanna know where you guys found carrier bearings on these trucks...didnt think we had em
2002 1500 Forest green Z71-traded
2004 1500 Sunburst Orange Metallic Z-71-Traded for
2008 1500 Granite Blue LT-Traded for
2011 Traverse LT Red Tint Jewel-current
2006 Trailblazer LT-Wifes-traded 31 Mar for
2008 Tahoe LT1 Ruby Red Metallic
1995 Honda Civic with Acura Type R swap-My project hot rod

WILDFIRE

• CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member
  • I see...
« Reply #5 on: 07/21/08 03:24 AM »

i wanna know where you guys found carrier bearings on these trucks...didnt think we had em
in the rear end
sittin by the phone, waitin for the lord to send my calling
Question~ What are you doing in my house? Answer~ Bleeding out

stallionav

• Navy Nurse Corps
« Reply #6 on: 03/13/09 07:03 AM »

How much was the cost for number 5. I have had this same problem for about 2 years now.
Black 04 WBH, dual amps., 2 12" punch subs,Infinity 6 1/5's,  in dash monitor, Sherrod hood scoop, chrome door handles, chrome tailgate handle, wing, 08 factory 20's, painted to match cladding. Custom black and gray leather, Xenon bumper covers. 5% tint, , custom taillights.  Woodview wood dash molded kit. Secret extra extra horse power.

anglarry04

• No more Avalanche...traded for a '11 Traverse
« Reply #7 on: 06/09/09 09:24 AM »

in the rear end

inside the diff?   I wonder if we talking about the same thing
2002 1500 Forest green Z71-traded
2004 1500 Sunburst Orange Metallic Z-71-Traded for
2008 1500 Granite Blue LT-Traded for
2011 Traverse LT Red Tint Jewel-current
2006 Trailblazer LT-Wifes-traded 31 Mar for
2008 Tahoe LT1 Ruby Red Metallic
1995 Honda Civic with Acura Type R swap-My project hot rod

Massey

« Reply #8 on: 03/12/10 09:24 AM »

Carrier bearings are the ones for long drive lines that you find in the middle of a 2 or more piece drive line.  The bearings you are wanting are the differential bearings they do hold the differential carrier but they are not carrier bearings.  Some dealers and repair shops will just call them carrier bearings.  Go to an autopart store and see what they do if you ask for a carrier bearing.  (and dont just find the youngest and newest looking guy that cant tell a wrench from a #2 phillips)  I dont know about you  guys but If I have to replace Diff carrier bearings then I am going to also go after the pinion bearings as well. 

just my $.02

Massey
2004 LT Z71 No Cladding,  Pewter/Dark Charcoal leather.  Just about every option on the books.  Mods to date Billit grill insert, Eagle 097 18" rims with Nitto Terra grapplers, custom Z-71 decals,  Autowoods steering wheel, iPod/Hd Radio, Amber FTDRLs, Silverstar Ultras, Custom "Cascade Edition" guages from www.blackcatcustom.com.  Next up.. Gatorback! and a Safari Rack.

ericpainter52

« Reply #9 on: 12/20/10 06:21 AM »

is it really bad to keep driving the truck with the issues with the rear diff having issues?? My truck is making that noise tight now but due to christmas i really dont have the $$$$$$$$$$$ to pay for the job. Thanks...I'm also having issues with the front diff too now.  :E:

prop trx

« Reply #10 on: 08/19/12 05:23 PM »

Have to say this 04 Avalanche has been the most dependable car I have ever owned.
188.000 miles and only replaced the tires/ brakes/ batterie / transmission / and normal service. Pretty crazy for an American car.
But very thankful.
The engine still sounds great.  :o
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 23 queries.