• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

About XM Radio

dipster

Just wondering from the rest of you that have XMRadio in your Av's do you have any signals that don't come thru at times? I can be traveling down the 405 or 167 fwys and sometimes lose the broadcast. Any of you experience that? What has your experience been?

Some XM experiences are discussed below:
XM Satelite Radio - A couple of reception problems are mentioned in this one.
XM Woes
XM Antenna's & Reception - Here is a quote from 02-Z66 from this discussion -
Just an update on that new discovery of mine. ?let's just say my buddy was not happy with the XM radio.he says that reception cuts out on him when in short tunnels/over-passes or heavy tree populated areas. ?i have never had this problem. ?so obviously it must be due to the fact that he has his antenna mounted inside the truck instead of on the roof. ?so much for that Circuit City salesman info. ?

From reading the above discussion, it seems that the majority of the reception problems are related to antenna location. Especially for those that have theirs inside the truck.

For those of you all who like Christmas music, I've heard that XM radio now has a channel with CHRISTMAS MUSIC 24 HOURS A DAY on channel 24! Yipee!
Durwin
NOTE: The above message is to be read with the sarcasm knob turned to 10.

ORANGE_1 said:
Even with the antenna on the roof you can still get drop outs at times.

True but I find the reception in my area much better then the local FM stuff....which drops out or shall I say statics out as well.....

and in larger cities (like dallas) they are getting more repeaters and you can pick up a clear signal even in parking garages.
zach

Back