• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

XM Antenna's Which Is Best!

Wvusquatch

SM 2003
Well I am getting ready to get the Alpine XM unit for my unit. The question is what is the best XM Ant out there? I am not really concerned about size, but more which is the strongest!

I have the SONY and it works well.......But I have nothing to compare it too...

A whole lot of us have the Terk roof mount antenna. It works great. I know you aren't concerned with size, but its small & low profile.

xmant2.gif

Wv,

Go with the Terk, are you going to the GTG on March First?

I'll show you mine, I have the alpine XM Reciever too.

jw

I, along with my mom, have the Sony the benefit to the Sony is that it is magnetic...no sticky tape on your AV, but my dad has the Terk and all 3 of us have had zero problems with any of them.

Pioneer just came out with a Terk style antenna that is about half the size of the regular Turk.(which I have).

I have the Terk on my truck. I just bought my wife XM and she is wanting the smallest antenna for her car. Sounds like the new Pioneer is something to look at.
Has anyone tried to put the antenna on the inside of the vehicle and see if it still works? I thought maybe I might try this on my wifes car if it would work.

You probably could put the antenna on the dash,,however it may interfere with the reception to some degree. OBviously the optimum place is on the exterior of the car.

I am using the antenna that came with the delphi system and it works great. They copied the Turk, looks the same just a little smaller.
The first 4-5 days that i had it laying on a small rag on the dash to keep it from sliding around and it worked great. After installing it on the roof as the others did i see that it does not cut out as quick when pulling under a metal awning once mounted outside. It still worked in the garage though..
.02 cents
zeeya

My friend just got this new antenna, and it works great and you cant even see it on his p/u, i bet on the av it would be invisible.
frank

Attachments

• xm.jpg
    xm.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 6
Back