• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

We Have Lost A Legend....

04avfan

SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
Last night, the world lost a great man. Steve Perry, better known as "sperry"
passed on after an incredible fight with a brain tumor.

Sperry was the first to reach out to me when I posted a question on an electrical mod, and his incredible detail walked me through a tough (for me) mod.
I was able to meet him shortly after, and became friends with one of the nicest, smartest gentlemen I have ever met. Our paths crossed often on the site, and occasionally at GTG's, and I always reveled in his intelligence, and his concern for every one.

I am so glad he was able to recover enough to attend the SoCal Mega Meet a few months ago. It was amazing to talk to him, and watch his reaction to the out pouring of love toward him from all of the attendees. It's as if God wanted him to have one more day with his "family".

God speed Sperry, you are truly a legend.

Nick

Knowing that this was inevitable doesn't make it any easier. My thoughts and prayers to his family.

Wow - I was still holding up thinking there would be a reversal after the mega meet.

Godspeed....

I truly feel lucky to have known Steve and spent time with him on many occasions.. God bless you Steve.

Todd

I am truly sorry to hear this, Sperry was one fine gentleman and will be greatly missed.  God speed my friend.

Didit

If I remember correctly, yesterday was exactly 3 months from when he originally went into the hospital.

He will be missed by all. He is in a better place now. It was good to see him at the mega meet. Our condolences to his family.

Such sad news. He looked like he was going to make a full recovery by seeing him at the Mega Meet. Such a big loss for the av family. We will miss your advice, comments, and friendship for many.

Attachments

• poster29602014.jpg
    poster29602014.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 352
May the Peace and Comfort of God be with his family during there time of bereavement:

If there any thing we're going to do as a club please pm me

Ja Johnson aka Dpreacher

Attachments

• jesushug.jpg
    jesushug.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 349
Tango Chaser said:
I feel so blessed to have been able to stand as close as I did to such a great man for a few moments. Hearing his conversations with others was amazing. We all miss you sperry.

Tango Chaser said:

awesome pic tc... just awesome... :love:

it tears me up every time i look at one of these threads... it's hard for me to even open them.? so much luv goes out to him and his family.? he will be in my heart forever :love:...? sperry was what the bow tie was all about, he will always hold a firm ground on this site ... like a rock? :B:

I can see this is a very hard loss for many of the members here . I wish I had the chance to meet him or even here his words of wisdom here on the boards.

Very sorry to hear the sad news. I will keep his family in my thoughts and prayers.

God rest Sperry's soul.  Heaven is lucky to have someone like him.  Our prayers go out to his friends and family.

This picture says it all.? Our father calling another one of his Soldier's home.? Gog bless him and his family.

04avfan said:
Last night, the world lost a great man. Steve Perry, better known as "sperry"
passed on after an incredible fight with a brain tumor.

Sperry was the first to reach out to me when I posted a question on an electrical mod, and his incredible detail walked me through a tough (for me) mod.
I was able to meet him shortly after, and became friends with one of the nicest, smartest gentlemen I have ever met. Our paths crossed often on the site, and occasionally at GTG's, and I always reveled in his intelligence, and his concern for every one.

I am so glad he was able to recover enough to attend the SoCal Mega Meet a few months ago. It was amazing to talk to him, and watch his reaction to the out pouring of love toward him from all of the attendees. It's as if God wanted him to have one more day with his "family".

God speed Sperry, you are truly a legend.

Nick

i almost cried after reading that post. :(  he helped me many times as well.  i unfortunately never got to personally thank him for all his help.  he will be missed.  my sympathies go out to his family.

I took a picture of Sperry at the mega meet. I knew it was special the moment I saw it.

It almost looks like he is waving to all of us.

You can see what a sweetheart of a man his is just by looking at the picture!

God bless you Steve Perry - with love from all those you blessed here at CAFCNA!

sperry.jpg

Thoughts and prayers to his family :6:

I will be making arrangements for flowers tomorrow. It will be done in the club name. Todd also made a special announcement tonite at the meeting. We are also working on a National project.

Todd?

Nick

Have you concider a moment of silience or prayer for a few minutes on the boards? Not to sure how hard it would be but I think it would be quite fitting.? :)

Back