Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
08/27/14 11:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2002 Avalanche rear main seal replacement  (Read 4274 times)
nowakezone

I love my Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« on: 11/15/07 09:56 AM »

Can someone direct me to some information about replacing the rear main crank seal on my 02 5.3 avalanche.  I am going to do it myself and i need to see if anyone has done it and/or can point me to some documentation please. 
Thanks you

2002 Chevy Avalanche Z71, 20 inch Boss wheels, DVD, LCD, GPS, XM, MP3 Stereo, JL Audio Stealthbox, Back Up Camera, Billet Grille, 2 inch lowered in the rear, Cold air box, PIAA and Silverstar Headlights and Fogs
trannyman
CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member

My AV likes "eaton" diffs

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: 11/15/07 10:59 AM »

Unfortunately you need to drop the transmission down to change the seal. Thats the hardest part of the whole job. Once its down the seal is easy to replace after you remove the flywheel.

Hope this helps but if you need more info let me know.
nowakezone

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 11/15/07 01:42 PM »

Thank you for that info.  But is there any diagrams or instructions like there is for  some of the other things on this site?  Or any gotchas to watch out for?
« Last Edit: 11/15/07 08:34 PM by nowakezone » Logged

2002 Chevy Avalanche Z71, 20 inch Boss wheels, DVD, LCD, GPS, XM, MP3 Stereo, JL Audio Stealthbox, Back Up Camera, Billet Grille, 2 inch lowered in the rear, Cold air box, PIAA and Silverstar Headlights and Fogs
ItsStopher
CAFCNA Global Moderator

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 11/15/07 08:32 PM »

That you for that info.  But is there any diagrams or instructions like there is for  some of the other things on this site?  Or any gotchas to watch out for?

Check back in a lil bit... I will post some stuff for ya  Thumbs up!
ItsStopher
CAFCNA Global Moderator

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 11/15/07 10:58 PM »

Just added to CAFCNA's Sperry Tech Center

Crankshaft Rear Oil Seal Replacement (02 Ref)

nowakezone

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 11/16/07 09:19 AM »

This is awesome!!! Thank you!  That is exactly what i was looking for.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: